Tank upgrade - need furniture finishing advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's a few more pics of Colleen's tank and furniture starting to come together. She got the stand stained and finished. The tank back is also painted. We are just waiting for UPS to deliver the starboard and all should be good to go.:)
Scott

Scott's really doing a good job!

The black starboard looks great! I can't decide if i want the sides of the tank painted black also... it goes in a nook with about 6 inches on each side so you can sorta see through it.

What do you think? Am i asking for a black box effect? When looking at it in the garage, I'm thinking it would look better painted on the ends to look complete so to speak.

Colleen

Sounds great Colleen!

IMO...I think it is a good idea to paint the ends black. If it is going to go where your current tank is now, there really isn't a way to view it from the sides anyway, correct?

Also, if later down the road you don't want the black on the sides, you should be able to peel off the paint easily off the glass.

Best,
Ilham

Well another fun filled day of tank swap. It all went relatively easy.:rolleyes: Just had to go and buy an AG 20 gal for a sump. The existing sump would not fit through the base stand doors.........Anyhoo here is a few pics of the finished tank.:)
Scott

Back