TDS readings

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Holygral - I also use that same inline meter, and found it to be accurate.

Thanks Don

I am also ordering a hand help to verify my current readings, this will also allow me to test tap, tank and other paramters, I also have contacted the manufacture of the RO/DI unit and the person I bought the meter from, as I have read some post about bad probes.

Honestly there isnt any one (here or manufacturer) that can say its a bad or good probe without checking it with a calibration solution, anything else is just a assumption. Owning a tds is like owning any other meter (ph, orp) they need to be calibrated or at least checked thus part of the purchase of one needs to be calibration fluid.
Buying another meter to test tap?? Isnt that what the incomming probe on your meter is for?
Check the calibration then move on to the next step in the diagnosis. Buying more non verified or calibrated equipment is going to get you no where.

Don

Don

I have contacted the company that I got the meter from and they told me to contact the manufacture of the unit, which I did in regards to the calibration, unfortunately since the company I bought the unit from just past me off to the manufacture and the manufacture has not returned any of my emails. So I am not sure as to what I will do next, except never to buy off of the company I got the meter from again or from the manufacture of the meter! I did contact the manufacture of the RO/DI unit (Buckeye Field Supply) and they were very helpful and responsive to my issues and understanding of the whole concept and principles of the unit.

Don

I have contacted the company that I got the meter from and they told me to contact the manufacture of the unit, which I did in regards to the calibration, unfortunately since the company I bought the unit from just past me off to the manufacture and the manufacture has not returned any of my emails. So I am not sure as to what I will do next, except never to buy off of the company I got the meter from again or from the manufacture of the meter! I did contact the manufacture of the RO/DI unit (Buckeye Field Supply) and they were very helpful and responsive to my issues and understanding of the whole concept and principles of the unit.

Iregardless they cant say via email, telephone or crystal ball if the unit is measuring the proper tds reading. :) The only way you will ever find out for sure is to order up some calibration solution.:)
http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/showproducts.asp?Sub=149&showspecials=149

Don

Last edited:
The last bit of advice - calibrate the meter, is right on. Also make sure the probes are aligned with the small black dots on the tees.

Russ @ BFS

With a incomming tds that low you should easily hit zero. Give it a few more gallons, if you dont get it buy some decent di resin. Most cheap rodi units come with lousy di resin.

Our systems come with very good resin. By "cheap units" I assume you're referring to ebay units rather than those from Buckeye.:D

Russ @ BFS

Back