Teclima CA200 chiller is poor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oscapus

:mad: I have run this chiller for 3 days now, and am pretty disappointed with it. Not only is it definately not as quiet as claimed, the higher pitch is extremely irritating and seems to pierce the walls especially well. I lay in bed and hear it out in the living room all night. Mostly, however, is it's lack of chilling ability. Only warm, not hot, air comes out the back. That should tell you something. I bought this chiller because lack of space forced me to keep the chiller visable in my living room and these were supposed to look good. It does look good, with a fake black leather covering. But, the power cord comes out the front so you need to loop it back toward the wall. That looks pretty lame. I guess I could turn it around backwards but have the warm air coming straight out into the living room. That is not so bad considering how cool that air is! Plus, the readout would not be as visable. Buyer beware!

Oscapus I had a bad experience with one as well. It is really a terrible chiller, it is like a toy. Mine was a 1/4 HP the components look cheap and its performance is extremely poor. I had a lot of trouble calibrating the temperature gage. Customer service was slow and inefficient.

I am currently using a 1 HP Arctica chiller and I am happy with it so far. Owned a 1/4 HP delta star that lasted 6 months.

Check with your LFS or whoever sold it to you to see if you can get a trade or a refund, but dont get a Teclima again.JMHO

Luis

Back