Tell me if I'm right or wrong

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Am I right or wrong?

• Yes, you have a right to be angry.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No, you are completely wrong because Eric is God.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You are partially right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curt, you are always wrong.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Curtswearing

Mantisfreak
I have been highly involved in a thread on another forum for the last few days to the detriment of me posting anywhere else. The thread moved too fast and I didn't have enough time to post on many other forums.

Eric Borneman came into the thread, made one post that was quite silly, and then left. Actually his post was quite rude. There was also a person on the thread who works for the NOAA who showed 3 pictures of Caribbean Corals. He goes by the name Bomber/Spanky.

This morning Eric Borneman deleted the entire thread and turned the 3 pictures of the Caribbean Corals to have Bomber prosecuted unless he could produce the required permits. Mind you this thread was like 25 pages long and had over 21,000 views and there was TON'S of great information on it.

I feel that I wasted all of my time because I explained Ammonification, different filtration methods, and lots of other things that most people have never heard about.

OK....I'm ticked and I have lost complete respect for Eric B. Do you think I'm overreacting?

Curtswearing said:
I have been highly involved in a thread on another forum for the last few days to the detriment of me posting anywhere else. The thread moved too fast and I didn't have enough time to post on many other forums.

Eric Borneman came into the thread, made one post that was quite silly, and then left. Actually his post was quite rude. There was also a person on the thread who works for the NOAA who showed 3 pictures of Caribbean Corals. He goes by the name Bomber/Spanky.

This morning Eric Borneman deleted the entire thread and turned the 3 pictures of the Caribbean Corals to have Bomber prosecuted unless he could produce the required permits. Mind you this thread was like 25 pages long and had over 21,000 views and there was TON'S of great information on it.

I feel that I wasted all of my time because I explained Ammonification, different filtration methods, and lots of other things that most people have never heard about.

OK....I'm ticked and I have lost complete respect for Eric B. Do you think I'm overreacting?

Curt, I lost all respect for him back with the Red bug thread. He seems to me to be a little bit egotistical, which is probably an understatement.
Don't get me wrong here, he still turns out some very good info, it's just the way that he responds is pretty worthless sometimes. JMHO

Dam Curt, I wish I would of read that thread from the sounds of it. I bet he removed it from viewing instead of deleting it, & why would he threaten good ol spanky, that guy is so nice?
If he truly deleted everything we should sue him, it isn't his rights to take ownership of information provided by others, only his post should he delete if desired, I know it probably doesn't make sense but basically that is how it should be. Pissed yea I would be, maybe Mike Will throw a bone his way, I'm sure glad we have a place with Mikes views, not that I have anything against all the others forums out there, together we all share one same passion.

It turns out that his actions have upset the Admin's and other Mod's of the site. I hope it's not permanently deleted. If it ever returns, I'll PM you a link Scott.

I dont know if your right or wrong Curt. I do know from my experince with you, that you are intelligent, well mannered, and kind. I have never talked with E. Borneman. I like his books. But that doesnt mean I would like him if I met him. I have decided not to mess much with other forums. I have read a lot of petty sniping on them trying to find good info. You say you put a lot of effort and presented alot of good info in a tread that someone else deleted. I would agree, that is very rude. I like the policy here ( If it gets out of hand just close the tread) and (when people are fighting just remove the rude or mean posts not the whole thread)
I didnt respond to your poll, I dont have the right to. I fly off the handle at people for no good reason, and then other times dont get mad at anything. I dont think I should tell someone else how to feel.
I am sorry this happened to you. I think some of the other forums are our best advertisement.

I agree with wrightme: if threads get out of hand, they should be locked and the insulting posts deleted. It's foolish to delete good, useful, educational information.

LOL I think it has something to do with me being bat$hit crazy. I am ashamed of the way I act sometimes. Most of the time I am cool, but some of the time I react very badly towards others, then later I have to try and make amends for what I did. I hate making amends so maybe one day I will learn not to act like a butthead. LOL Probley not though.

wrightme43 said:
LOL I think it has something to do with me being bat$hit crazy. I am ashamed of the way I act sometimes. Most of the time I am cool, but some of the time I react very badly towards others, then later I have to try and make amends for what I did. I hate making amends so maybe one day I will learn not to act like a butthead. LOL Probley not though.

I don't think you are any crazier than the rest of us. You usually just tell it like it is, and there is no problem with that.:D
Curt, if they do resurrect that thread, I would also like the link to it, if possible. Has there been any progress on getting the thread back to the viewable status?

Hey Curt,
Of course I voted that you are always wrong....LOL:lol:. It's really too bad that the thread was deleated. I don't have any way of determining the validity of E. Borneman's actions. It's just too bad that information and everyone's time was lost to the actions of one person. I always enjoy reading your posts at any site.:D
Merry Christmas, Scott

There is no return to view yet. Several moderators have requested patience while they discuss things.

This action was not done according to normal RC policies and procedures and we are working hard to resolve the issue. As I said above, that I cannot say more at this time.

I will let anyone who wants to see the thread see the link if it ever comes back.

szidls said:
Hey Curt,
Of course I voted that you are always wrong....LOL:lol:. It's really too bad that the thread was deleated. I don't have any way of determining the validity of E. Borneman's actions. It's just too bad that information and everyone's time was lost to the actions of one person. I always enjoy reading your posts at any site.:D
Merry Christmas, Scott

LOL!!!

I'm surprised you are the only one. :)

I agree the threads should be cropped to suit the viewing public. But I also think that being cut off from your opinion, or anyone elses for that matter, is wrong. As long as it is in good taste why delete anything.

Politics and religion is an exception to this rule. That can get nasty real quick.

Ok lets keep this thread to a dull roar, I dont want it to turn into a bashing type of thread.
Personally I dont like deleting any thread or posts, but sometimes it has to been done. I think in this case its a little deeper then it appears on the surface (even though the surface is pretty bad).
As someone mentioned here stuff like that is just great advertising for us at RF, lets let the drama stay where it belongs.

merry christmas folks

Mike

WOW.... I just got done with a salt thread. The other boards are just shark tanks, waiting for flesh.

But Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukkah all the same.

-Josh-

Hmmm...I haven't read the thread so I can't really say, but all I can say Curt, is I think you're a terrific person so whatever you are feeling is cool with me and I support ya! There is no such thing as feeling the wrong way IMO. If you are feeling it then it real.:)

Well sorry guys. I got to page two of the split and I felt my blood presure rising. LOL I think I will stay here. R.C. is not the place for me. I am sure its a great place for some people, I just happen to like discussing things with freinds. LOL Imagine that.
Alot like reading the NY times. The info is there, but damn if I can find it for the reporters opinion.

wrightme43 said:
Well sorry guys. I got to page two of the split and I felt my blood presure rising. LOL I think I will stay here. R.C. is not the place for me. I am sure its a great place for some people, I just happen to like discussing things with freinds. LOL Imagine that.
Alot like reading the NY times. The info is there, but damn if I can find it for the reporters opinion.

You too!!!!:D :D :D

Back