temp Q's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Is 81.5 bad??

ive noticed lately (well she did) that her tank the temp is starting to come to 81 insteed of maintain'n its norm of 80.1

i know a fan will fix, but that will bring more the need or more top off water...

shes lazy to be truthfull (but its cool cause) her tank is like 0 maintence..

we dont do anything, except add topoff.

she gets all bent outta shape when her tank goes outta norm.... she came home and it was at 81 and a half. so she just turned the celing fan on, and b4 she comes over later the tank will be back 2 80.....

i figure that its just from the light being on all day... (and i told her this might happen)

thoughts???

nothing a fan cant handle

its such a small tank, a table fan or the ciling fan will do justice

I agree. High but not that bad. Keeping it stable is more important. I would throw a small fan on it.

High but not that bad.

Keeping it stable is more important.

I would throw a small fan on it.

I would get a chiller and temp controller if affordable to keep it stable

hey my tank went up a degree or two... the fish and stuff ddn't seem to mind. And
it went back down....Whatever

:badgrin:

High but not that bad.

Keeping it stable is more important.

I would throw a small fan on it.

I would get a chiller and temp controller if affordable to keep it stable

or put the fan on a timer like I did and have it cycle throughout the day to keep the temp within range without much fluctation. You'll have to mess with it to find how long it needs to be off and on through the day:)

They have the "smart fans" with the built in thermostat.

81.5 isnt bad at all. I use controllers and i intentionally swing my tanks from 79-82 daily and it doesnt phase anything. Temp swings of 6 or more degrees in the wild are not uncommon.

I look at it this way.......if you always keep your temp at EXACTLY one temp....how well do you think they are going to handle it when something does go wrong and your tank temp changes 5-8(or more) degrees. I think they are going to be much more stressed by it. Same thing goes for fragging and shipping anything........if they arent used to at least some temp variance I believe they will ship worse.

JMO

intressting

the ceiling fan will take care of it NP, just have 2 get maybe a timer on in or something so it turns on sometime around noon.....

her tank is doing great tho..... the zoo's have anchor'd them self, the bubble coral has regained its red color, and the ricorda is nice and dark green....

stress from either the new light, or the new tank.... but the water perameters are great!

oh, i frag that one K tree that was in my tank.... i gave half 2 her and the other half is in the Qt tank.....

very hardy
and i gave her some shrooms outta my tank... they have split already in my tank and anchor'd as well... so share them i will
Picture3002217.jpg

Picture3002221.jpg

Ill keep you all updated on the tank thur out the summer....

thats my fear. my bassment is a/c her house is a/c as well... but not able to be fine controlled like i can control this room....
Picture3002227.jpg

Picture3002223.jpg

Back