The beast is dead!! long live the Newer Beast??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow mass jumping event today. I was doing my biweekly blowing around with the mag pump and kind of bumped the tank a little hard with the pump. Well after a few minutes I walked into the back room and their was fish all over the place. I guess the loud bump made 4 anthias, 1 wrasse and 1 blenny on the ground doing the flop.

Quickly picked the up and put em back in. We will see how this one works out.

Mike

Wow mass jumping event today. I was doing my biweekly blowing around with the mag pump and kind of bumped the tank a little hard with the pump. Well after a few minutes I walked into the back room and their was fish all over the place. I guess the loud bump made 4 anthias, 1 wrasse and 1 blenny on the ground doing the flop.

Quickly picked the up and put em back in. We will see how this one works out.

Mike

Hey bud... Lets bang a wrecking ball off the side of your house while you are resting on the couch and see how fast you run outside and start flopping on the ground after you see what is happening... :behindsofa: :bolt: :peep: :fear: :faint:

Seriously though... I hope everyone recovers ok. We gotta get up there and see the tank with the power on. When are the rails going up for the lighting?

Quick question Mike...How much flow are you running? Just curious seeing you are running a sandbed this go round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krish I have always had a substriaght in most of my tanks, the big L had an inch or so i it also. Anyway to answer your question I have about 11000 gph??

mke

LOL that lasted for like 4 months before I pulled that puppy off. I through in about 20 seeds and 4 months latter they were all about a foot tall and my Mag had crashed to 800, lol no that was a bear to get back up.

Mike

Well its been over a month since you have updated this build.
Is the beast hibernating? or taking a nap?
Did you ever get your lights for that guy back east?
When do you think you will be able to grow some fungus in your tank?

People would love to know what is going on up there on the lake.
Do you suppose you could take a little time out of your BUSY day and let us know if yor fish can see what they are eating???

Nope still waiting on the lights, but they are scheduled for delivery on Monday morning. So getting close.

Mike

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Nope still waiting on the lights, but they are scheduled for delivery on Monday morning. So getting close.

Mike

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

OMG, How long does it take to wire up a couple 100 leds? Seems like it would have been worth the effort to build it yourself. I would be pulling my hair out!!!

Yep looking forward to seeing my corals instead of just rock, lol clean bare rock. Bright white rock with white sand....with fish.....and bare white rock....

Mike

Nope no coralline, no lights??? I have only had one MH sitting about 3 feet above the tank, so not really enough to grow anything but diatoms, lol

Mojo

Mojo your new tank is looking great i just got back into the hobie this year after 4 year break and done another plywood tank 550 gallon this time

where are your update? What corals have survived all of the years? what fish are you going to put in here?

Back