the dopest skimmer ever, finally available in usa!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Skimmy

SKIM FU
allrighty, you guys have probably all heard me whine about my fav. skimmer, the ATI bubble master!! the problem has been getting them here in good old usa, soooo, someone finally got smart and decided to make an american version that will kick the crap out of euro reef and deltec, and even some of the smaller royal exclusive bk's as well, they are having their own new pumps made for them with their proprietary thread wheel impellars in italy by the same manufacturer that makes the new tunze pumps. www.reefgeek.com will carry these bad boys, and i hope other serious outfitters will follow suit.
there will be 3 new models:

the 150,
A small skimmer for high requirements for aquariums of 200 - 600 litres

The new Bubblemaster 150 combines efficient thread wheel technology
now with a small base for aquariums up to 600 litres.
So the required base could be reduced to 16 x 18cm by the skimer pump
on the inside, whereby it is particularly suitable for small or
restrained filter basins.
With only 13 Watts of power input with approximately 4000 l/h it
represents a particularly efficient solution, which is characterised
in particular also by the high quiet running of our new pump
generation to air performance and 600 litres of water performance.

the 200
Quiet operate: a double uncoupling of the pump absorbs disturbing noise as far as possible.
compact building method: with a height of only 48 cm this small fits in almost every sump.
High Performance: by the high waterflow of 1700l/h and extremely fine bubbles during an
airflow of approximately 1100 l/h, the BM 2000 is appropriate for well occupied aquariums up to 1000 litres.

the 250
Using modified ATI-pumps, it is possible to achieve the exceptional air intake of 2000l/h.
Measure: 38 x 24cm / Clearing height: 55cm

first pic is the 150, second is the 200, 3rd is the 250, the rest are assorted pics of the new pumps and thread wheels, and the skimmers in action.

Whats a litre

Just a shade more than a quart. 1 liter = .26 gallon

something like that.

Yeah, but what's the cost going to be?
You can be sure they won't try and compete with the market that octopus and asm skimmers go after.:p

I see one thing that discourages me. The base is pretty big. I think you would need a pretty good sized sump unless they are external skimmers.
Is this a external or in sump skimmer?

Mark,

A couple of questions.

Is the base size of the 200 the same as the 250?

How "bubbly" is the effluent?

When will they be available?

they are great skimmer. but, the threadwheels are supposed to be cleaned regularly from what I have read. and they do have to be wide as they aren't good against head. but the prices now are low. I just wonder if they are going to rip us off in the US or not.

from what i understand the price range is going to be from between $300-$700, and if you look at the numbers of air and water processing, you would have to spend about double with euroreef/deltec/h&s to get the same results.
brad brings up a good point, you usually have to run a filter sock on the imput to the sump to keep the thread wheel from being clogged with goo, and it comes with an air meter so you can tell when it's time to clean the pump.
im not exactly sure but i think the footprint of the 250 is the same as the 200, just taller to accomodate a second pump. yes, the footprint on these is quite large, except on the smallest one without a bottom plate, and with the pump in the skimmer body.
these are just starting to trickle into the united states this month, so you should see them on reefgeek by the end of the month, i know that other people are getting these from somewhere else as well, but i dont know where...

brad brings up a good point, you usually have to run a filter sock on the imput to the sump to keep the thread wheel from being clogged with goo, and it comes with an air meter so you can tell when it's time to clean the pump.
How about a sponge filter on the intake? I would love to have a skimmer that is efficient and space wise, and easy on the pocket.

Is there a thread wheel pump only avail for us crazy DIY'ers? I would love to jam a thread wheel on my existing skimmer. Some thing that would be equivalent to a Sedra 5000 or 9000.

Is there a thread wheel pump only avail for us crazy DIY'ers? I would love to jam a thread wheel on my existing skimmer. Some thing that would be equivalent to a Sedra 5000 or 9000.

I havent seen one but the Eheim 1255 will be out in the next few weeks. That should give the big boys a run for their money.:)

Don

Back