The Sherman Tank (Photo Scrapbook)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sherman

Has Met Willis
It seems there are a lot of photography fans here, so I thought I'd share some of the shots I've taken. My tank's been up since August 2004. It's a 38g without overflow/sump.

There are currently only three fish. Two Cinnamon Clowns and a Bicolor Blenny. Maybe you can help decide my next fish. I'm thinking about the 4-Line or 6-Line Wrasse, or maybe a firefish.

Cinnamon+Clown+head+on.jpg

bicolorblenny.jpg

How about some corals? The tank is heavily SPS dominated, but there's a few random softies and some LPS in there.

palythoamacro.jpg

green_mushrooms.jpg

blueridge.jpg

mint_prostrata.jpg

abrolhensis_tip_macro.jpg

pocillopora.jpg

purple_scot_web.jpg

green_cap_blue_polyps.jpg

Welcome to the board Sherman. It seems that you have a very good camera and know how to use it very well. Incredible pix, beautiful coloration, and just downright awesome corals :)

Hi Sherman,

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures.

You might want to get a wrasse. They are great reef fish and in my experiences with the firefish, they only came out of the rocks during feeding time. The rest of the time they just hind among the rocks.

Yea no kidding just awesome pictures Sherman!!!!! So lets here how you do it, lol

Mike

wouu sheman those are some awesome pictures !!!
what's the secret dood, you are very very good with your camera :) and if you got more pictures please post some more.

Hate to say this...but after looking at his tank in his gallery photo, I question if he took a lot of those photos..................:badgrin:

If that doesn't get a rise....nothing will:D

ldrhawke said:
Hate to say this...but after looking at his tank in his gallery photo, I question if he took a lot of those photos..................:badgrin:

Now now play nice ;) ...I saw all that in his tank shot, very nice:D

I'm jealous of those shots....and like everyone else asked..whatcha usin? I gotta get a new camera...I want one of those SLR digitals..:rolleyes:

ldrhawke said:

I think you need to look again, I see everything in that picture in his photo gallery.

Awesome pictures Sherman, I too am interested in your techniques.

I tracked him down to his home board CVR. He is using a Canon 20D. Very nice camera and it seems to be worth every penny. What lense are you using on that bad boy Sherman?

Sherman Posted this over on the workshop forum..... I stand corrected ;)

" while back, I was playing with my flash (Canon 420EX) in the reef situation. Basically, I'm not really a big fan of it, but it has its place, I'm sure. I was using it to fill in the unlit areas of this Montipora Digitata. Unfortunately, all this does is bring out the non-colored-up areas.

The tank lighting was a 240g with 5x250w 14K Hamiltons and 8x110w VHO Super Actinics.

Here's the exact same shot, three times. One without flash, one with full flash, and one with a small fill flash only.

All pics were taken with a Canon 20D and 100mm macro lens. f/11 @ 1/3", +0EV

........with three photos"

It inspires me to get my camera out tomorrow..... One thing is for sure.....it isn't the camera as much as it is the guy holding the camera..

:p

Back