Thinking on getting a skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I see those Octopus skimmers popping up in many sumps these days producing all kinds of skimmate! They look like a really nice buy as well:)

Do you know what kind of pump come with the Octopus NW-150 Needle-Wheel Protein Skimmer?

There's a $80 difference between the ASM and the Octopus, what do you guys think?

Sorry for the delay I missed your last post. It is the equivalent of an ocean runner. IMO the construction of the octopus is better than the ASM. You might also want to contact aquarium extreme they carry both and I know he is running one himself. Here is a link to the thread announcing them. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17620 IMO you will get alot better customer service from them than you will from aquacave.

HTH
Brian

btw carlos, i absoluetly love my octopus 150 nw!!!!
awesome skimmers for the money, better than asm easy....

check my pics near the bottom of the page taken about 40 min after i hooked it up

wwouu dood !!! i'm getting jelous :D .

Carlos, I dont know all that much about Skimmers seeing as that I'm a rookie to them too, however... stay away from SEACLONE. Avoid them like The Plague. I've starting doing a lot of research and have asked on this site. Octopus is the way to go. Just ran into a guy at store who has been into this for 20 something years and he said that the Octopus (the 150 in particular) was awsome!

I ended up getting the Octopus 150 Needle-Wheel. Thank you all for your input. I think I made a good choice (I hope!).

Update: I got the skimmer today and I'm impressed of how well made it looks. It doesn't come with instructions which is a bummer when you're new but I'm sure I will figure out how to use it by doing some research from previous threads. This thing is big so make sure you can fit it in your sump before you buy it, just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Back