Thought I'd share.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yeeeeeee Haaaw! sorry, for some reason evertime I think nascar, I think dukes of hazard and have to let out a big "Yeeeee haww" for my boys Luke and Duke.

Those are cool pics. I can't tell. in the first one, it looked like the bud car had it's hood wrecked, yes?

damn spared no expense huh.... in the pits. that is way too cool. did you do the petty driving experiance too? they handled the speed change pretty well compared to the busch race. great photo's!

damn spared no expense huh.... in the pits. that is way too cool. did you do the petty driving experiance too? they handled the speed change pretty well compared to the busch race. great photo's!

It is the only way I will ever go to a race. Being on pit road is the best race experience I have I ever had at a race.
Didn't do the Petty experience, but I hear it is a riot!!!
Kevin Harvick hated the track, so did Stewart. Funny, Tony ended up in the top ten I believe.;) ;)

Those are cool pics. I can't tell. in the first one, it looked like the bud car had it's hood wrecked, yes?

No, nothing wrecked, but I can see where a person would think that.

ok great pics and all but you spent a week in Vegas, I'm broke after just a day or two. :)

I can not get away from NASCAR. Even on the fish forum.:p I hear some cars running at the speedway now. The track is right down the road from my office.

I am just harassing you. I use to work for RJR and built networks for the winston cup series. Had to travel to races all the time. I just got tired of it and associate it with work:p I still like watching the crashes. Post what you like.

Glad you had a fun trip. Wow a whole week in Vegas. For me sensory overload hits about day 3. I suppose if you get away from the strip it is less overwhelming.

Harvick hated the track, so did Stewart. Funny, Tony ended up in the top ten I believe.;) ;)

That guy's one serious driver, and probably under rated. Have you ever seen anyone run a 600 mile Indy race, then fly over and run a 500 mile NASCAR race in the same day?

Here in central CA, we have our small assortment of short track ovals. The local one is a 1/3rd mile, and the "top dogs" there are Super Modifieds:
575689-lg.jpg

Tony Stewart was slated to drive one of them, a few years back. He was helicoptered into the track at the last minute, after someone else had been hot lapping the car for him all afternoon. He had:

1: Never seen the track
2: Never been in this car

He was given 6-8 laps to get a feel for the setup (12 second lap times), which transitioned directly into qualifications without him ever leaving the track.

He was fast qualifier for the night. 'Nuff said.

That guy's one serious driver, and probably under rated. Have you ever seen anyone run a 600 mile Indy race, then fly over and run a 500 mile NASCAR race in the same day?

He is a great driver! I don't know anyone that pays attention to racing that doesn't think so. Although, some still may root against him; like junior fans (cough-CHARLIE-cough).

Yes, I have. Both Jeff Gordon and John Andretti have done it. Still, an incredible achievement.

He is a great driver! I don't know anyone that pays attention to racing that doesn't think so. Although, some still may root against him; like junior fans (cough-CHARLIE-cough).

Yes, I have. Both Jeff Gordon and John Andretti have done it. Still, an incredible achievement.

I believe that would be Robby Gordon that did the Indy and Charlotte race in the same day.
I don't root against Tony, he is the closest thing to Dale Earnhardt Sr. that Nascar has, and the only driver with enuf nuggies to back that up.

Dale Sr.... do we dare start a religious battle here? That guy was too old school for his own good. Open face helmet... seriously!

All battle fodder aside, obviously, he was a driver, too. His style is the most difficult part of NASCAR for me to swallow, though. He embodied "redneck get-r-done" to me. I'm surprised he didn't still smoke a cigarette in the car, like they did only a few decades ago. For me, I'm more into the technology of racing, so I actually prefer road courses and twisties to GOFASTTURNLEFT (though being around circle tracks for years, I know how inaccurate and crude that statement really is).

IIRC, Sr. was part of the 24hrs@Daytona in the C5 Vette. That's as impressive as anything else out there, IMO, for the driver and the machine.

Don't get me wrong here, but I personally think that most of the older drivers could probably drive a truck around a track like Bristol and still win in it. Maybe I am old fashioned, but there are some many folks that think if you bump somebody, you gotta get penalized. Hell man, that's just racin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back