torn between LED or Plasma Arc light

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

here is the same light on 2 different tanks. with dimmer control to dial in color temp. thats only 1 light per tank
reefstock-led-47.jpg

I've seen the Arcs.I am very interested in this lighting. 1 light can cover a 4 square feet area! I think this lighting will be the next thing aside from LEDs.

Okay 18k is your liking and my liking is 10k-12k lighting so if I have your led lights I would dim the blue out to get more of the look I like so in a sense it's the same as dimming the plasma arc to acheive the 18k look everyone has their Kelvin of choice. Do you have par ratings at that Kelvin? How big is your tank

Okay 18k is your liking and my liking is 10k-12k lighting so if I have your led lights I would dim the blue out to get more of the look I like so in a sense it's the same as dimming the plasma arc to acheive the 18k look everyone has their Kelvin of choice. Do you have par ratings at that Kelvin? How big is your tank

I don't have PAR ratings but I know they are very high. My tank is only a 65 and is 24" tall and I have to turn the intensity way down in order to keep it from bleaching every coral in the tank.

Okay so we are in agreemnt that you still have to dim LEDs to acheive that certain look you want.

I have a 48" tank so I would be paying around the same if not more in led lighting. all I would need is 1 plasma arc light and maybe 2-3 led units to acheive the same coverage. Does that make sense

Back