Trachyphillia

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

joker577

I believe I spelled that right lol...well I got hooked up with one of these today, so far I know they like the sand bed, feed off mysis or other small foods, like moderate current/light, anything else I need to know?

Well I did alot of reading online was just seeing what you guys thought about them :D

I've been told they have sweeper tentacles that come out and have seen them myself but only when they're hungry...over a week later and still no sign of them :confused:

Not sweeper tentacles. They have short tentacles that trap food. If you haven't seen them that's not a great sign. Try using a turkey baster and squirting some food or food juice near the coral after lights out. If you see tentacles out 10-15 minutes later give it some food. If the tentacles don't come out you need to feed it like its "a baby". Put small peices off food IN it's mouth with some tweezers and wait until it eats it. It will eventually put its tentacles back out..just takes some time...also remember they are SHORT.

Well I mean it's puffed out huge just haven't seen any tentacles...I'll try feeding it with tweezers then

I'm gonna try this thing I saw..maybe on here can't remember, like cut a 2 liter bottle top off so you have kinda like a dome and then put the food under and feed it with that ontop so the food stays in there

Back