Treehuggers (Jeff) 240

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok fellow reefers...so here's the deal. The tank arrived two days early (YAY) but now the problem is I don't have people to help move it. Well I have a small but growing list that I'd like to add to. So if you're available tonight around 630-7pm and would like to help move this beast please give me a call 831-246-4778c or 206-801-7460H. I'm located in shoreline by the costco/home depot. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Well the thing is in place thanks to the following:
Trido (Duane)
MattleyCrue76 (Matt)
Knowcrap (Jesse)
Edwing206 (Louis) and his brother
Thank yous are also in order for everyone that got back to me but couldn't make it. It was a wonderful thing to see all the people trying to help out. Couldn't do it without all of you.
Thanks again to everyone...can't wait to get this thing up and running
Jeff
ps...pictures to follow tomorrow

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday........... Still no pics. I figure if the house had fallen in I'd be the first to know via phone call.
C'mon now. Whats more important? Live rock or internet pictures.

hey all...so i haven't completely fallen off the planet....and no the tank hasn't gone through the floor yet. I've just had the week from hell at work and didn't get a chance to do anything with the tank yet. Plus I was in portland for the weekend. To top it all off, the heater in my frag tank stopped working while we were gone this weekend and I came home to a tank that was 68. Luckily everything is still alive but really pissed as far as I can tell. My sun corals seem to have taken it the worse which suprised me but they'll be fine I'm sure. I will post pictures of the little progress I've had so far and of us getting the tank in. Hang in there, my brother will be in town on tuesday and he's going to help get alot of plumbing/maintenance stuff done while I'm at work so we can do the switch wed or thurs.

the front door wasn't the only door we had to take off...

4stand.jpg

Good project going on here...

So how many tanks you already have Treehugger.

Trido. How did you make the holes on those cabinet doors... Did you use a router? or jigsaw first then finish it with router?

Tnx

Trido. How did you make the holes on those cabinet doors... Did you use a router? or jigsaw first then finish it with router?

Tnx

Call me a mad man if you will.......Hand held circular saw (Skill saw) Dewalt to be exact. Finished up on the inside corners with a jigsaw. As Ive said before, Im not a cabinet maker. I cut over 80% of that on a pair of saw horses free hand in my driveway. We still have a couple of details to finish before I'll be satisfied with it.

BTW....Thanks for the update Jeff. Slacker. :D Hows Robin doing? :evil:

am i dead?

i would just like to record this moment in our new tanks history.

it's 1 am. we had just about every problem you can have. we're at the halfway point... it will either be a complete disaster, or a complete success... the next 24 hours will tell.

now it's time for bed... may the nighmares of dead coral enzymes exfixiateing me and dragging me to a watery grave stay away.

i can't spell... i'm half dead. goodnight.

So the dust has settled, the water has cleared, the re aquascaping is being planned and the tank is probably less then a day away from being stable. My brother got all the lights in the canopy today while I was at work and it looks incredible...oh yeah and bright as hell. I was able to do a quick assesment of the corals when I got home from work tonight and there were very few casualties from the move...despite the fact everything ended up in coolers for almost two days because of complications. My list of casualties include the following so I'll be looking for replacements soon:
1) Oregon Tort...it's hanging in there but the flesh is peeling away pretty bad at the moment...just looking for a nice starter frag
2) Bali Tri Color...same situation as the Oregon Tort maybe a little worse...doesn't look like it will make it
3) Tiny piece of German Green
4) My Cali Tort is looking pretty haggered but I think it will make it
Basically my sps collection didn't make it. Granted they were all small frags and I was just starting out, it was a bit disappointing. Anyway I'll have the pictures up tonight once I can use my housemates computer to load them.

LKM when you want me to come over with that off colored frog spawn and rose mille. Id love to see it in person.
Still waiting for pics.. C'mon Mark. I know you dont have anything better to do.
BTW, Hows Robin dealing? ;) MY Robin is doing OK. Real tired of tank talk, but happy to get the whole garage room. You need to bribe with more. Maybe some babysitting time......... :lol:

Last edited:
The fam is in town right now duane so it's a bit crazy. The tank definately needs some tweaking but it's looking damn good I must say. Robyn's better since it's technically only 216gallons...haha...and she got to spend 10 days in southern california ripping me apart to her friends and family...the price you have to pay for a beautiful tank...i guess i should also start working on the 20 hours of massage that was part of the deal (15minutes of massage for every hour I spent working on the tank) The things we go through for this hobby...to be continues (with pictures)

15 minutes of massage for every hour spent working on the tank, eh? Hmmm....very interesting..... :razz:

so I'll be looking for replacements soon:
1) Oregon Tort...it's hanging in there but the flesh is peeling away pretty bad at the moment...just looking for a nice starter frag
2) Bali Tri Color...same situation as the Oregon Tort maybe a little worse...doesn't look like it will make it
3) Tiny piece of German Green
4) My Cali Tort is looking pretty haggered but I think it will make it
Basically my sps collection didn't make it. Granted they were all small frags and I was just starting out, it was a bit disappointing. Anyway I'll have the pictures up tonight once I can use my housemates computer to load them.[/QUOTE]

i can fix you up with replacement,if you dare:) just let me know:)

Last edited:
picas mucho de tanko

LET'S GET CRACKIN'!

2369832595_aa5f070a1e.jpg

The truck...Thank god for UHAUL and NAPA AUTO PARTS

2369813189_86e4e9602f.jpg

2369813553_923c7c26cf.jpg

2369814321_860e05a4f1.jpg

Look how tiny that tank is...

2369814959_63d807462c.jpg

Duane (trido) with some more last minute handy work...

2369815767_f103a45e20.jpg

Come on guys it wasn't that heavy...

2370651134_d8c98493af.jpg

2370651886_79ff2c20f2.jpg

2369817995_daedf56a23.jpg

2370653454_4da5649352.jpg

Thanks scientist...
2370654326_12847a3990.jpg

Back