tunze issues

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

OK so ive bin in contact with tunze support about a failing moter for a 6180 pump.... the issue is after power is lost and restored the pump doesnt fire back up to the fwd posistion... after replacing a prop he asked that i send him the pump....

this is where i come 2 you...

at this point iIm like AHHH what do i do, i cant just leave me tank one tunze 6180less......

thats like the main amount of flow..

so do you think throwing my old 6025's from my 30 in that corrner for a few days while roger at tunze checks it out for me?

I really have no choice... 2 6025s are better then a few maxi's?

good thing i got in touch with roger at the right time... if my 30 had not bin just torn down this hole problem would be a lot more stressfull

thoughts on the 6025 temp replacement

As you noted, I don't think that you have many choices here and two working pumps are better than one big one that isn't working. I would try to position the pumps so that they're providing the most benefit to any high flow inhabitants that you have. You may also try to contact any LFS's in your area, explain the situation to them and see if they have a loaner you can use if you have really high flow requirements.

Good luck,
Mike

Something is better than nothing.
What other choise do you have?

Use what you have that gives the best flow or closest to what you had.

I'm not familiar with the tunze 6180, but if you mod the 6025's (cut away the internal shroud), then the flow rate from two of them should be about equal to the 6080 size tunzes.
-chris

I'm not familiar with the tunze 6180, but if you mod the 6025's (cut away the internal shroud), then the flow rate from two of them should be about equal to the 6080 size tunzes.
-chris

I've used the 6080's and I've used the modded 6025's and it may sound equal on paper, it isn't so in the tank.
The 6025's just don't have the power the 6080 does.

Back