Tunze Turbelle Nano Stream Pump 6025

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Apprentice

We guys I have been reading about Krish saying this is the best thing since a protien skimmer :lol:
So I ordered one today and I hope to have it Tuesday I plan on using it to supplment flow in my 75 sps Tank I currenlty have 2 each 3/4" sea swirls on each opposing ends Of my Tank. My question to the forum is what would be the best place to Install to premote random flow with this since It will run all the time but be in constant clashing??? wave making with each sea swirl?
This will be my first Rodeo with a Tunze product. I have never read anything Negative about these little pumps so Far has anyone yet have one up & running? Thanks for any and all advice ...Jeff
:)

LOL Jeff! I had mine put on hold @ PA from June for when they were released, I'd get the first one and when Rob went to send it out last week, someone took it off the shelf and sent it somewhere else so I got the shaft:shock: So, my new one is on the way as well which I should have next week:D

As for placement, you may have to mess with it some. The 6025 is the smallest one at 660 gph so where Charlie suggested may be the best place where the flow will not have too far to travel. I know with my old 75gal, I had my 2 tunzes pointed at the center of the front glass (same principle) where they collided and my sea-swirl mixed things up and loved the flow. Here's a pic of it:)

I have mine in the back right side of my 24 gallon aquapod pointing behind the rocks down the back part of the tank. I am actually getting a second one, it will go on the left side and likely point more toward the front so get some maximum circulation :)

Sounds good Chuck! Did you have to direct it slightly upwards so as to not kick up the sandbed or was it fine? That brings up another point Jeff...The nano streams seem to be able to be directed at any angle so you can point that thing anywhere you need to, to collide with your sea-swirl and are not limited to having the flow pointed straight ahead like most powerheads are setup to. :)

I was thinking the same!

The real nice thing about this Tunze 6025 Is that It has a Magnet that will hold it on the glass It states it good up to 1/2" which is about what My all-glass 75 is. :eek: I was going to mount a maxi jet mod but I sure like the looks of this Guy, And you know how Krish just got done buying a thousand shares of Tunze stock ;)

Mount it in the center on the back, and let er rip Jeff. You can always move it around, right.

I was going to mount a maxi jet mod but I sure like the looks of this Guy, And you know how Krish just got done buying a thousand shares of Tunze stock

LOL! This will be my first nano stream and probably not my last:) I just ordered the smallest one (6025) to see how I like it, and depending on how things go, and what I come up with (if I decide to use sand), I may get the 6055 and buy the controller with it so I can create some pulsing wave action as this 6055 is the only one that can go on the controller. http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...duct_Code=T6055.000&Category_Code=Tunze_pumps If I needed to tone it down, it can be done from the controller:)

I have mine in the back right side of my 24

Hey Chuck is there anyway you can get a shot of it?
Here is what I have this little tank is filling up with SPS and I think I do need to get some more flow to the back areas and Inside the colinies of coral I do have. All my frags are doing great but I some times get introuble with RTN.On the bigger colinies And I think its because of not good enough flow
:confused:
The last picture is a older one but it shows a full tank shot I think If i can get it to fit in the back Like Charlie said is the way to go But I only have 1" of room Back there, Chuck How far will it need?

I have mine in the back right side of my 24 gallon aquapod pointing behind the rocks down the back part of the tank. I am actually getting a second one, it will go on the left side and likely point more toward the front so get some maximum circulation :)

I am in the process of updating my Nano as we speak, well in stages. I recently introduced a bubble tip anemone and it stretched it's wings out so much it stung and took out a nice piece of coral, a clam and a couple of nice frags. Needless to say the anemone is no longer in the tank :(

Fighting algae too and just thought it is time to do a couple of things.

Getting a new light for it, upgrading from 70W MH to 150W MH

Also getting a new Skimmer. Upgrading to a Deltec MCE600 :)

After that the pictures that I will take tonight and tomorrow will look much better in the coming months.

How do you like that disclaimer for the pictures I will nab of the Tunze tonight or tomorrow? ;)

Thank you Chuck

Its still faster than when I get the pump so its all good
:D

I am in the process of updating my Nano as we speak, well in stages. I recently introduced a bubble tip anemone and it stretched it's wings out so much it stung and took out a nice piece of coral, a clam and a couple of nice frags. Needless to say the anemone is no longer in the tank :(

Also getting a new Skimmer. Upgrading to a Deltec MCE600 :)

After that the pictures that I will take tonight and tomorrow will look much better in the coming months.

How do you like that disclaimer for the pictures I will nab of the Tunze tonight or tomorrow? ;)

I am in the process of updating my Nano as we speak, well in stages. I recently introduced a bubble tip anemone and it stretched it's wings out so much it stung and took out a nice piece of coral, a clam and a couple of nice frags. Needless to say the anemone is no longer in the tank

Also getting a new Skimmer. Upgrading to a Deltec MCE600

How do you like that disclaimer for the pictures I will nab of the Tunze tonight or tomorrow?

Sorry to hear about your corals Chuck...Bummer:doubt: The upgraded light should be nice though! I'm thinking on getting away from the Current USA fixture/s alltogether and I actually did a few measurements today and I may possibly weld a frame to add to the back of my stand and hang a pendant over my Aquapod with a broader reflector. If I look at my aquapod from the sides, I can see shadows across some of my corals on the outer edges which means the fixture doesn't spread the light wide enough. The projects never end :rolleyes:

Jeff, I'll see if I can dig you up some pics of the nano stream in tanks. I was browsing yesterday looking for some pics and found some. I just have to rememebr where it was though:p

Nano Stream pictures

Jeff, I'll see if I can dig you up some pics of the nano stream in tanks. I was browsing yesterday looking for some pics and found some. I just have to rememebr where it was though:p

As you can see here Krish I have a pretty small angle of direction unless i go length ways then I would be add or working the flow with my sea swirle I was hoping to produce a more random flow

Ahh...I see. Is that a "Y" on your sea-swirl without a nozzle on one side??? If so, how much flow do you have running through it? I tried that out when I had my 75gal and switched it back to the single nozzle because it cut down the flow way too much (@ about 800 gph). The single head with full flow hitting the glass and spreading out from there gave me more coverage than using the "Y". Here's how mine looked for about 5 minutes:p

Pictures as promised:

Notice the placement in the back right ... I plan on placing another on the left side going the opposite direction ...

11-18-06_nano_stream_3.jpg

Closer view ... you can see the magnet holder on the inside of the tank in this shot along with the round body that is in a socket that allows it to swivel for positioning ...

11-18-06_nano_stream_1.jpg

The outside magnet piece can be seen here ...

11-18-06_nano_stream_2.jpg

And finally directly through the tank you can see the propeller of the unit ...

11-18-06_nano_stream_4.jpg

Very cool Chuck! That helps a lot with giving an idea of their size! I am going to run mine where I have the single maxi jet now in the attachment below which is basically where Charlie recommended Jeff place his. With my maxijet in the position it is in, the flow hits the glass and then spreads in all directions (because of the size of the tank) which pushes the detritus off of the bottom, adds some surface aggitation and provides my corals (even the outside ones) with flow. I've tried a number of different ways of mounting the maxi jet and this position at only 295 gph covers the whole tank where it is (with the help of the maxijet1200 for the return) so I'm sure the nano stream in the same position will be a winner. :)

Last edited:
Back