Update on the Nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

steven11

Somethingotherthannormal!
New tank pics on the bottom of the second page

My 10gal. nano is now 5 months old. I have two different types of xenia, metalic star polyps, zoas of some sort, 4 types of mushrooms, a hitch hiker ricordia :D , a toad stool leather and hammer. Also the two different percs and a diademia psudo. (I think thats how you spell it). I think that i am going to try to get rid of the psudo so i can get some ornimental shrimp or crabs. Let me know what you think(remember I' am a beginner). I included a picture of the tank at 1 month old.

Steven

Last edited:
The light is a 6700k 96w pc on 10 gal. i didnt know what i was buying when i bought it but a replacement bulb is more than i want to spend. Part of learning though. So whats a guy to do.:rolleyes: I want to put an actinic on it but thats down the road. Thanks for the replies.

Steven

BTW- Krish, thoughs pics are great.

Wow, is it really that green or is that the camera? I think an actinic will definately help. Try Hellolights.com, they often have specials on PC bulbs.

Steve,

Nice take, cleaning may be a problem with the rock up against the glass but all and all not bad. To get better pictures under that light, setup auto white ballance from a reference shot of the tank and then the yellow tint should go away, I found that worked well for me, under ageing 50/50 10k/Antic.

Wayne

The only problem is that the pc light is a 96w quad tube and i cant find anyone that carries a 50/50 or 20k replacement bulb. I couldnt find anything on hellolights.com either. If any one could help, it would be much appriciated.

Hi Steven, I like your tank.

Color is a matter of preference (as in bulbs). The ocellaris clown looks happy in there.

Best,
Ilham

Thanks again for all of the replies. Last nights addition was a sally light foot from our friends at Indoor Reef. It seems to stay away from the psuedo so i havent seen any battles other than the two clowns.

Steven

I talked to steven tonight. He just added a 250watt HQI pendant with a 14k bulb.
Well Steven.... lets see some picks bro!

Thanks again for all of the replies. Last nights addition was a sally light foot from our friends at Indoor Reef. It seems to stay away from the psuedo so i havent seen any battles other than the two clowns.

Steven

i just gave my sallylightfoot back to the lfs 2-3 days ago!!!! it tried to kill one of my hippo's...one of the hippo's had a scratch on it and i couldn't figure out what happened..later that day, i saw it try to lash out and catch it again.it barely clipped it...it was most likely responsible for killing the first hippo i ever had and 2 damsels..i had it for about 1 1/2 years...the lfs owner told me that a sallylightfoot would never try to kill any fish...when i saw it happen, i proved that wrong!!!

Hello all,
I just put a 14K 250w HQI on last night thanks to Jeremy. It looks great! Hopefuly i will be able to get a nice shot of it tonight with every thing open.

Thanks,
Steven

Two days after the MH

Lets just say that i am :D . My tank is looking better than ever. I had put the shelf in to hang the light from(after a little negotiating with the wife) but all in all i am happy with the setup. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Steven

Back