Update on what's going on with me

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Ok...Don't laugh or bash me for this, but I'm up to something again:oops:

I wasn't going to mention anything on the open forum until everything was basically done and then BAM!!! you'll would have seen a new thread with tons of photos showing what I did, but I figured I'd let everyone know what I am up to now, and then later, I will start up a new thread showcasing my new tank.

My wife and I talked things over a bit (first sensible conversation we have ever had when it comes to fish tanks (LOL)) and I am changing things up bigtime, but I will have the same goals...Being able to keep whatever coral I want within reason. With the baby on the way in just 2 short months, I need to free up some space and move the tank to a new location, but where it needs to go, a 4ft tank would never fit so I am downgrading it's size and will simplify things a bit so I won't have to mess with it all that much. I have already put in the order and the design to have the tank built earlier this week and also, I picked up all of the lumber to build my new stand and canopy today (which will have a different look than what you are use to seeing and I plan to build them tomorrow seeing it is a holiday here once it doesn't rain) and then, I will drop off the new sump design on Tuesday for that to be built as well.. The tank will be a small acrylic cube (24x18x18) done out of 1/2 inch acrylic (went for overkill just to be safe;) ) with a black backround this time, but still white pvc board on the bottom and I will use some of the equipment I have now like the sea-swirl, phosban reactor, AquaC EV-120 skimmer, possibly the chiller but I will be doing a closed loop this time so no tunzes. My 75gal will stay up and running until the new tank is all setup and then I will transfer my well taken care of water and rocks into the new tank as quick as possible so I don't have to start the whole darn cycling process all over again from scratch:p I just have a few things I'll need to order like new lights, pumps, bulkheads, lockline etc (which will be done next week hopefully) and will have to get rid of tang which will leave me with just the 2 clowns for now and maybe the wrasse.

So there you have it. I talked things over with a few of the others here already, so I'm not going into this blind-folded and besides, I've learned quite a bit since I've been here, so I think I will be fine:) I was afraid I'd get teased for downgrading again, but it's all good. I'll be back bigger later:p Sometimes you just have to make a sacrifice in life for everyone to be happy and with this baby coming, that will be my number one priority in life. So if you feel like teasing someone, then go over to RC and have fun!(LOL) I will start that new thread soon so stay tuned...This tank will be smaller, but will be way better:)

Hmm, the old "I'm having a kid" thing eh ;) thats 2 in 2 months by my math isn't it ?? I'm just kidding and congrats on the baby !! mine are 14 and 12 and they are worth scaling back or even dropping some hobbies as a lot of us have been forced to do in order to focus all our time on what really matters. Krish, sound like you are indeed living in "paradise" ie. Bahamas, new baby, and still get to keep your reef tank hobby :shock:

Last edited:
Hmm, the old "I'm having a kid" thing eh thats 2 in 2 months by my math isn't it ?? I'm just kidding and congrats on the baby !! mine are 14 and 12 and they are worth scaling back or even dropping some hobbies as a lot of us are forced to do in order to focus all our time on what really matters. Krish, sound like you are indeed living in "paradise" ie. Bahamas, new baby, and still get to keep your reef tank hobby

Thanks Mike! I do have it really good man...No complaints at all. I could keep the 75gal if I really wanted, but I never think about myself first, so I will do what I have to. My wife even helped me design the stand and canopy which was a surprise! It will come out nicely man...I'm sure I will be happy with it, probably more than my 75gal from what I have planned:)

Way to go krish, can't wait to see this new project

Thanks Scooter and also, for all of your help on it. I really appreciated all your help and advice on it. I'll have to fly you and the wife down for a vaction one of these days:p

cool krish! is the new tank going to have a chiller/plastic plant stand too?

ROFL!!!!:lol: No man...The chiller, if I need one this time (because it will be in a much cooler part of the room) will be hidden away! I have a storage room about 8ft by about 4ft which is under the stairs, will be a few inches away from the tank. I told my wife already if I need to use the chiller, I'm drilling through that wall so I'm good to go. She hates the chiller so she went for it:p

Last edited:
What lighting you gonna use with this Bud? 2 250 watt MH is a little overkill eh? Or is all this going into storage (old tank) or you gonna sell it all? Hmmm Interesting for sure bro. Could be a really good move, But then again Big is good.LOL

Hey Bob! The lighting is still up in the air right now. I defnately WON'T be using what I have now! If I did, the ballast will be bigger than the tank:p Still thinking man...Possibly a single 250w MH, but not sure. Heat, won't be as much of an issue this time because the tank will be in a cooller part of the room, I won't really have any pumps sitting in the water to add heat, the canopy will be higher and vented nicely and if I use the chiller I have, well...That will cool that tank in no-time so I'm really trying to decide. I'm really kinda open and all ears for all options when it comes to the lighting... I think I definately want to get away from the PFO ballast though because they seem really big :eek:

Last edited:
OK let the fun begin
I do have it really good man...No complaints at all
Liar ;)
I could keep the 75gal if I really wanted
Uh yeah, OK sure you could :rolleyes:
I'm sure I will be happy with it, probably more than my 75gal from what I have planned
Pinocchio your nose is growing :badgrin:
I have a storage room about 8ft by about 4ft which is under the stairs
Yup, Get used to that storage room Krish because that is your new house if you keep at this reef hobby :D

Sorry :p

ROFL!!:lol: We all live in denial sometimes man!:p The 75gal is bigger and would be cool to keep, but bigger isn't always better. Just wait and see how the tank will come out. I love the design;)

hey Krish didnt you just upgrade??? now you are down grading again?
well I have kids too so know what you mean....

Matt:)

Close Matt! I downgraded from the 90 gal to the 75 gal and now to this 36 gal one. If I keep this crap up, I will have a plastic drinking cup for a tank soon:p From here, it goes back up and it will be no less than 6ft long. We are planning on selling our Townhouse within the next 2-3 years to buy a house so that will be the real deal:)

aahh i think it's gonna be awesome :) .
Now please don't go down to 5 :D :lol: ..... just joking.
I can't wait to see your project going and more since Scooter dood helped you :D ... but hey can me and the kids come with Scooter too :D :lol: ... we're kind of family :D :lol:

LOL...No problem Gabbs! I may have to buy out the foodstore, but that's cool:p I hope to start that new thread tomorrow with some photos:)

it's all kewl dood i wo'nt eat that much..... i promise :D .
hehe Matt :lol: ,i gotta agree with Krish, at least he knows how to keep us reading :lol:

Back