updated Tank pix

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Snappy

clever title goes here
Well since it's another year's gone by I thought I would post a couple of updated shots from my reef tank.
Things are staying pretty stable and the corals are healthy. (knock on wood)

Jan1208pm038FTS22.jpg

Jan1208pm059coralmix3.jpg

dec3107009newlookfish_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that tank is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on that tank!! that is awesome!!

Spectacular!!!
Thanks for posting a few more reasons to like Canada :)

I spent a LOT of time there between 93-98.... still miss it on occasion.

Tip a Kokanee for me!

Amazing tank. Do you have a tank build thread you can point me to or anyplace I can see more of the "behind the scenes" details of your setup?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Greg,
You have quite the collection of specimens! The photography is excellent and you've got the white balance nailed. The corals and fish look very healthy and like they will soon take over your house :D
Congratulations on a job well done!

Cheers,
Kevin

Stunning! Who would want to "go" on vacation when you can look at that your tank! What a beautiful reef!

Thanks again everyone for your very generous comments. I guess the grass is always greener, I look at my tank and think of how far I have yet to go before it's how I want it to look. Sorry csdoyle, I never did start a tank build thread and don't have any current "behinds the scenes" write up. Thanks for the photography compliment Kevin. I have a really hard time getting the FTS to balance and it never shows what it actually looks like but then again I am using an inexpensive camera with very limited capabilities.

Anyway, here's another couple of pictures that I hope you'll like:cool:
Jan1208pm085lokani.jpg

Jan1208pm064gigisclam.jpg

clam1.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

nov292007050hilitermillemacro.jpg

Awesome looking. I know color is one thing, but what you say is the key to keeping your colors more "icey." 2 people can have the same frag, one is blue and really beautiful, the others is icey blue and looks like it glows.

BCT182 Awesome looking. I know color is one thing, but what you say is the key to keeping your colors more "icey." 2 people can have the same frag, one is blue and really beautiful, the others is icey blue and looks like it glows.
Thanks very much, I am searching for that same answer so my stuff will glow instead of just colour.

Snowboarda42 That looks awesome!

How big is your tank?
Thanks, the display is 130 gal *72x18x24*

Back