Upgrade to 180 from 75 on a budget. :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sweet hopefully you will bring a zen like state with you that will leak over hee and will me to a successful finish. So far this whole build has been both fun, and chaotic. More chaos then fun. But all in all it has been a blast.

Hey Justin,
I will be moving the tank from the garage to the living room. Think you might be able to help out with that. I am trying to figure out how to eliminate the amount of time everything is tubbed. I know that I have to finish the plumbing but I have gotten it as far as I can with out the tank in the living room being moved. I was told that I should give the PVC time to cure but that means that I would have to tub my livestock for a day or two. Any advice.

If you get the water proof (blue) PVC cement about 6-8 hours of cure time will do. I'm not really doing anything this week other than Wed & Thur, so if you'd like another set of hands to move your tank, holler.

Sweet I just did not want to tub the stuff in my tank for too long. So that is a bit of relief. Looks like I will be breaking it down next week and trying to get it done. I do appreciate all of the help through this.

So I finally got the tank up and in the house. I also pretty much have everything ready for hopefully a water filled tank tomorrow. Here are some pics of the chaos.

100_1619.jpg

100_1618.jpg

100_1617.jpg

100_1616.jpg

100_1614.jpg

100_1613.jpg

100_1611.jpg

Water - check
Rock in - check
corals in - check
wiring for controller - not completed yet because I have to buy 2 new ballasts. I have 2 crappy odyssea ballasts (the silver ones) that I need to replace. So I have not completed the entire wiring situation. Everything is up and running but I still need to get this done before I can put the doors on. Looks like a noodle factory blew up and landed under my stand.

Leak check - still battling 2 pinhole leaks in my system. They are at about a drop every 10 to 15 minutes. So I am going to let things cool down for a minute and get happy in the new set up before I cut out the portions that need to be fixed. Not bad though for my veryfirst plumbing job. It isn't pretty but functional. I now know what to expect when I do my next (wife said that I am not allowed to say these words ever again "UPGRADE")

So the tank has been up and running now for about 2 months with little tweeks here and a few tweeks there. But so far only a few minor issues. Ican not seem to get my final grow out area clear of red slime. It seems to me that I have quite a bit of flow going through there, and I added a koralia 4. I am not sure if it is just because it is the lowest point of the tank that all of the nutrients are building up in there. I just can not seem to get rid of it. So I think at this point I am going to continue to do my normal water changes and monitor it and see where it goes. I have included some pictures of the final tank setup.

DSC04522.jpg

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

DSC04525.jpg

DSC04526.jpg

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04528.jpg

Just leave it be. It's probably a little bit to do with a cycle. I had a little bit of slime show up after my move from Mill Creek into the 120.

It showed up about a month after I had the tank set up, hung out for about 3 weeks then it just disappeared.

I'm nervous what's going to happen to my tank after this move as I'm not going to be there to monitor it until spring!!!

Things look good!!! On the red slime, I'd just siphon off what you can when you do your water changes and hopefully in time it will correct itself as things find its balance. :)

Back