water flow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

so i have 2 korilla 4's and one 2. and im not sure if thier controlable. are they usually not controlable

Doesn't controllable also mean DC powered pumps (most of the time)? So the pumps can be started and stopped over and over without starting in reverse like AC pumps can?

BTW, I just set up the same tank too...I'm going with 2 Tunze 6105's and 2 Tunze 6055's on a 7096 controller, PLUS a Vortech MP40W.

You are almost there they don't shut completely down they just lessen the volts and increase volts. The problem with wave maker power strips is that they jus switch power on and off it's like flipping the light switch on and off all day eventually the bulb will fail. A dimmer is the same as a controller except you are the one moving the volts up and down instead of a circuit board doing it not sure ifnim making any sense kinda tired

Last edited:
wow i wanted somthing cool to look at every day but i think im going to become a scientist learning how to care for all of this
thanks everyone

Doesn't controllable also mean DC powered pumps (most of the time)? So the pumps can be started and stopped over and over without starting in reverse like AC pumps can?

BTW, I just set up the same tank too...I'm going with 2 Tunze 6105's and 2 Tunze 6055's on a 7096 controller, PLUS a Vortech MP40W.

The koralia are AC but low voltage. Most work by modulating the current and do not change the voltage.

Don

I'm going with 2 Tunze 6105's and 2 Tunze 6055's on a 7096 controller, PLUS a Vortech MP40W.

Holy shiz Thor!!!!!!! That is ALOT of FLOW!!!! Gotta love it!

OP it all depends on what you are trying to keep. Figure out what your end result/vision is and then build around that. Such as a mixed reef which most go for or a more specialized or dominant theme system such as a softie, LPS or SPS system. Since you are new I am going to assume you will have a mixed reef and I would look at anywhere from 30-40x turn over in the DT.

I wouldn't worry much about the 2 SPS. Just place them in a area where you are getting the most flow. What type of SPS is it? For a mixed reef I would do around 30-40x.

right on thanks
when you say 30-40x are you talking gallons per hour

30-40x your DT volume. So if your DT is 75g than you want 2250-3000gph. Also to these numbers are not set in stone. Your aquascape will come into play also with the water flow. Even though IMO 30-40x would be adequate but your aquascape can also dictate your flow too . So play around with what you have for now you might not need anymore PH.

Back