Water Temperature ??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

stability is the key.... quick changes from 82 to 80 is Id say on the higher side of stress for a invert/tank inhab.

my RODi tank and my tank(s) all hold (79.8)80.1 to 80.8(81.2)

one thing ive noticed is that... the temp of the room plays a big factor

if the room raises higher then 75 the tank will raise to the higher side of that set up numbers up there.....

So room gets to 78 F and you see bad rise in tank temp?
My ambiant room temp is 76F. I am confused as to why my tank temp would be 82F?

So room gets to 78 F and you see bad rise in tank temp?
My ambiant room temp is 76F. I am confused as to why my tank temp would be 82F?

If your room temp is 76F and you turn on your heater the temp will rise. Think of the pumps and lights as the heater.

Don

80-81 with a/c in the tank room set to 70

180 Gallon with 3 250 watt halides and 2 vho ( Thought showing size and lighting might help)

:)

Paul

81 summer, 77 winter. At worst I have a .5 change in a 24 period. My chiller and heaters are controled by a ranco.

Last edited:
78 - 81 during the summer with no chiller. A small fan blowing on the water's surface really works wonders to stablize temps. Right now it's set to run every other hour when the lights are on. On really hot days, I just set it to run more frequently. FYI I have a 24 g. Aquapod with the 150 MH, 2 maxijet 1200s and a rio hp running the skimmer.

Thanks for all the replies. I have been away for a while and have not seen these replies untill today.
My temp 79-81
air conditioned room
chiller
5 small fans in the hood.
I added the air conditioner last year because my chiller was on all the time
heating the livingroom. Which did not make the wife happy at all.;)
The chiller heated the room then the room heated the tank so the chiller came on more in turn the room got hotter and so on and so on.:oops:
I have hot lights so I need the chiller in the day 365 days a year.
I also have a lot of pumps some very big so the chiller comes on a few times a night.
The air conditioner is great the tank is happy and the wife is happy:)

Back