Welcome Anthony Calfo

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for a very warm welcome

Curtswearing said:
Klever,

WELCOME TO REEF FRONTIERS!!! Anthony is out of town for a bit but it's nice to have you aboard.

Hehe.. Very Warm And Also Very Quick Welcome Thank You My New Friends :)

Also Want to say Hi To NaH2O Thank You for your Warm Welcome too
(But This thread is to welcome Mr Anthony Calfo isn't it? Hehehehe.. :p )

Last edited:
Anthony DEFINATELY provides a lot of info to this board and the hobby as a whole but there is no harm in welcoming someone else. :)

Last edited:
But This thread is to welcome Mr Anthony Calfo isn't it? Hehehehe..

Yeah, but its great to have any new member here. Besides, Anthony can join in the welcoming party! Woohoo!

My goodness yes... a very special welcome all the way to Thailand :) It will be a great pleasure to have you around and hear your perspective(s).

and thank you for the very kind words!

Anthony

Glad I could get the benefit of anthonys experience in helping to solve my current problems. Its great you are here

Hi to all aquarists by stefano from Florence Italy
I'm new to this special forum n i'm so happy to know that comunity..really sorry for my poor english....
I admire the passion and the competence shown by mr. Calfo very much. ... I have found his really innovative and very simple as text books to be read for who does not have much experience. I renew the compliments for his two books which they have had me new techniques of management and reproduction of Sps found out. Unfortunately the technique chosen by mr. Calfo (DSB with Aragonite Sand) in Europe is very far date the high costs of the sand in the Italian shops.
I hope u understands what i have write ;)
Greeting n good job
Ciao stefano

Last edited:
buongiorno, caro Stefano!

It is wonderful to hear from you.

Thank you for your very kind words.

We certainly do understand about the limitations of certain products like oolitic sand (fine aragonite) in Europe. But no worries... DSB is only one of many good ways to run marine aquarium systems.

And for use in refugiums, the various types of sand will come to your market soon. I have heard some German friends talking about importing it from the Mediterranean recently. This will make such sand very affordable for the European market.

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!

Please let us know how we can help you. And do not worry about your English, my friend. It is much better than our ability to speak Italian ;)

kindly, Anthony Calfo

Welcome

Hey Anthony!
I've enjoyed your book and can't wait to see you in Ann Arbor, MI in April (tickets already ordered!!) So, are you still with WWM? I've noticed lately emails aren't returned from them hehe. That site is cool, but people don't even look for previous answers before asking questions it seems....
Well anyways, thanks for everything!
Your grateful student...... :cool:

cheers, Toolio

yes... I am still with WWM although severely handicapped for time. Its all good though... trying to keep up with volunteering at a few sites, while sneaking in progress on new books :)

WWM is a fab site/archive... the challenge has been that it is an all-volunteer website, carried (financially) by Bob himself and what little monies we bring in. As such... the skeleton crew of volunteers we have cannot keep up with the deluge of mail some days. No e-mail goes unanswered intentionally (and rarely)... but it does happen on occasion. Not bad considered how many thousands are answered each month ;)

be seeing you soon!

Anthony :)

anthony glad to see you here, us new to reef keeping need all of the help we can get. theres so much to learn. its also good to have someone with your credits living right here in pa. i will definetaly take you up on that beer sometime but im buying....that seems like a small price to pay for some of your guided wisdom. welcome aboard.... steve

Glad you are here I am just starting my first reef so i'm sure I will be needing some help in the future :)

Hi Anthony,

Don't know if you saw this in the PSAS forum, oh well guess I should post it here just incase :shock:
Yes a huge thanks for a wonderful presentation
It was worth every mile

Also thanks again for letting Christy and I play with those toy's, it was great fun mixed in with an educational day chill'n with you and Mike and dinner with Chuck :)

cheers and welcome, Rich

anthony.jpg

mike.jpg

Greetings Anth,
Glad to have found you here. Looking forward to having some more chatty/witty discussions with you.

Russ

cheers, Russ :) Very good to see you in these parts.

Lots of good folks here.

Be sure to check out the galleries and other archived resources. The RF gang has spent a lot of time and money building the galleries, and forums.

kindly,

Anth-

Anthony Calfo said:
cheers, my friends :)

thanks kindly for the very warm welcome!

its great to be onboard... I'm looking forward to learning and sharing much.

Anthony

Glad you found a new home, Anthony!!!!

I do have a question for you, Anthony, in regards to your book. I purchased it used, am I still able to register for the updates like is mentioned in the beginning?

Thanks,

Gary

Back