Wereeeeee Backkkk

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow Chuck I missed your post, good to see you on. And I second the "Couldnt have happened with out you"

Mojo

WOW ! amazing job guys. It looks awsome and everything seems to be working fine for me.

Thanks, Todd

Any chance for mobile support? With the nice background and all the bells and whistles it's a little overwhelming on a 3.5" screen. Looks great on the desktop BTW.

Joh are you on a slower internet connection??

Mjo

no, I'm not I know what the problem is I'm running hi-def full resoulition on my TV as a monitior with a resoulution of 1920 x 1080

here is what I see (but a little smaller because I don't have the pro edition of photobucket to show it full size)

scrnsht.jpg

the screen refresh rate of my tv is 60 hertz generally fast enough, but with a big monitior and high resolution setting the background picture really bogs down the computers ability to repaint the image on the screen causing it to look like its tearing while scrolling down the forum page.

Last edited:
Are Chat and Classifieds currently down? Both links on the home pate are pointing to reeffrontiers.com/#. I saw the classifieds section was open earier but the only post was from Mojo as a test. *EDIT* I see the links on the top of the site direct correctly to the chat and classifieds. Only the links on the home page in the navigation section are broken. */EDIT*

Also the scrolling performance has gone way down, possibly due to the fancy transparency? I have only tested on my laptop so far which has a weak intel intgrated graphics chip. If I open Task Manager then scroll up and down on the site I see my CPU usage peg.

One more minor critique, posts are take up much more space. The profile information to the left of the post seems to be longer and the signature section of the post itself will not begin until the bottom of the profile information. Posters with a large profile and large signature fill the page of my display with a one line comment.

Last edited:
Speaking of profiles I just tried to update mine. The my profile page could use some formatting tweaks. All the tabs on this page are grey font over the reef background which is impossible to read.

Ok, off to find more bugs... I'll be back in a bit. :)

Yea, they are all going back up Mark. Mike just wanted to get the site back up as soon as possible for us, but there are still a few things they have to sort out and that is one of them. With Scooty being away from home, it's a bit more work for Mike to do on his own, but they should get things sorted out soon. :)

I've tried several times this morning to log-in on my blackberry and it isn't working for me.
Most of the tabs work, except the log-in buttons.
It's like the site never really finishes loading, atleast not in the last 10 minutes

Speaking of profiles I just tried to update mine. The my profile page could use some formatting tweaks. All the tabs on this page are grey font over the reef background which is impossible to read.

Ok, off to find more bugs... I'll be back in a bit. :)

I had to adjust mine. There was a customize tab at the top right of your profile page that I clicked on and changed the colors. Try that and see if you see the tab. :)

I've tried several times this morning to log-in on my blackberry and it isn't working for me.
Most of the tabs work, except the log-in buttons.
It's like the site never really finishes loading, atleast not in the last 10 minutes

Not sure what is up with that Martin...I think it will take a bit of time to get all the little things tweaked. With Scooty not being at a computer, some things won't be sorted out till the end of the weekend when he gets back home. :)

johnpeezy
I am not sure I can help you on this one, it might be something n your end you can do to help it. Even though the graphics are heavy with the picture, its static, so that should make it faster then it was before?? We set up a dynamic cacheing system which should make it faster the second time you come back on.

BCT182
Yes the tapatalk system should be up and running today.

braddo
The classified and the chat are working on all pages so, I am hoping they work on yours now. the scrolling performance should be better then it used to be. The whole profile area was a pain, It wouldnt format with everything else and we had to run some special code to convert/style it. I thinnk this one is resolved now.

Skimmer
On the sponcer banners we ran inot a brick wall on this one yesterday afternoon and we decided to open the forums while still working on it. Along with all the site upgrades you can see we have a whole other set going on in the background. We just didnt want to have some banner rotating, we wanted to have all the sponcers formated using a new SEO software we got for search engines, on top of that we are running several Adwords campaigns and have one for each sponcer, so it all kind of had to tie in. And now it does, so we should be back on track.

Ok onto other things, Last night we just ran out of gas and couldnt keep going. I was on it for 14 hours and the coder/designer was pushing 22 hours. So we died, lol Their are still a number of features that are yet to be put in place, these include the tapatalk, facebook integration app and a coupe of more so they should be up and running sometime today.

Another thing to add is that the VB upgrade was very big and they have made a ton of changes to both the front and back, I found myself getting lost all day yesterday trying to find stuff that was no longer where it normaly was?? Just a bit of a learning curve, So keep on listing things you see that are not already mentioned and we will continu trying to fix them up.

Mojo

Looking at it right now on my phone (iPhone 4) seems to be going good let's see how this post goes.

Last edited:
Back