Western Marine Conference: Sacramento 4/21-23/06

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thereefgeek

The Marine Aquarist Roundtable of Sacramento is proud to once again host the Western Marine Conference April 21-23, 2006 at the Red Lion Hotel in Sacramento, California. We'd like to extend our invitation to you and your marine society to come to Sacramento and participate in one of the few conferences this side of the Rockies. With a dozen of the nations premier speakers and a wide variety of quality livestock and aquarium related products on display and for sale, it will definately be a weekend you won't want to miss out on.

FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:

Walt Smith
Steve Robinson
Leng Sy
Adelaide Rhodes
David Cripe
Bob Fenner
Anthony Calfo
Eric Borneman
Sanjay Joshi
Mike Paletta
Scott Michael
Rob Toonen

EXHIBITORS, VENDORS & SPONSORS:

Reef Frontiers
Seachem Labs Inc.
CPR Aquatics
Carib Sea
Piscene Energetics
Mermaid Aquarium
Sunlight Supply
Captive Reef Systems & ROWA USA
DT's Plankton Farm
Island Marine Tropicals
Pacific Garden Supply
Reef Nutrition
Reefs Dot Org
Walt Smith International
EcoSystem Aquarium & CORAL Magazine
Your Reef Aquarium Supply
Coral Reef Eco Systems
Aquarium Designs & Midwater Systems
Liquid Life USA

The REGISTRATION PAGE is up and running and we're taking sign-ups via Pay-Pal.
The conference price is $130 and early sign-ups receive a WMC 2006 T-Shirt.
Fee Includes: 3 days at the conference (you will be able to hear all the speakers), no host bar and social evening with speakers and manufacturers on Friday evening, and buffet lunch on Saturday (April 22nd)
Optional Saturday night banquet dinner - $35
There will be a raffle after the banquet on Saturday night.
We have secured a limited number of rooms for the special Conference price of $89.00 per night. Call (916) 922-8041 or 1-800-RED-LION for room reservations (be sure to tell them you are there for the WMC to receive the special rate).

Western Marine Conference 2006
April 21-23, 2006
Red Lion Inn
1401 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA

Thank you and hope to see you there,
Rich VanDusen
President: M.A.R.S.

Reef Frontiers will be there as you can see ... stop by and see us if you get a chance. We will have a table in the exhibitor hall to chat with anyone that wants to stop by :)

This is gonna be so much fun, I can't wait. Im also looking forward to actually meeting some you finally. Hope some ppl can make it from up there.:)

I am looking forward to this conference. Just received some nice items we will be handing out at the conference too :)

Come stop by the Reef Frontiers Table and visit us.

Hey Rich, who do I contact about my registration to the event? Just want to make sure I am all registered. Thanks

Hey Chuck, when you show up we'll get you an Exhibitor's pass and that will get you all access to the conference. Did you sign up for the banquet dinner in the invoice you mailed in? It's $35 extra, even for vendors. Let me know and I can get you a PayPal address if you want. Let them know at the hotel you're with the WMC for the Conference discount on your room also.

Carib-Sea is donating a pallate's worth of goodies like live sand and additives.

PE Mysis is donating $3K worth of food for all you finiky eaters.

TruVu has donated an 25 galon acrylic stand and tank system complete with the true wet/dry built into the back.

Pacific Garden Supply is donating their ENTIRE booth display with their new models of Luminarc DE and Mini A/C fixtures just so they won't have to take it home with them.

CPR is donating skimmers and refugiums.

Reef Nutrition is donating Pods, Macro, Phyto, Roti, and bags to put your WMC schwag in.

Island Marine Tropicals is donating $1K worth of mini colonys.

Coral Reef Eco Systems is kicking in MH bulbs.

Tropical Reef Oasis is donating some sa-weeet rare and limited edition frags.

These are just the things I can recall off the top of my head. Mermaid Aquarium also wants to sell the Zero-Edge tank he's having built at the end of the conference so he won't have to cart it home. There's going to be some super deals on livestock and drygoods so if you're thinking $130 is too much cash for a conference of this magnitude, then you probably won't want to win all this cool stuff either.

CLICK THIS LINK TO SIGN UP:
http://www.wmc2006.org/Registration.aspx

If you recieve/buy a frag at the conference, how many days is ideal to get the frag into your tank?

usually they will hold frags until you are ready to leave. Then it is always best to get them into your tank as soon as you can. Overnight likely okay but much sooner like hours would be even better.

Looks like I'll be picking you up at the airport Chuck (you got mail).

As for the corals/raffle prizes, we/vendors can tag your stuff untill you're ready to head out and then bag it up as late as Sunday afternoon for the trip home. Hopefuly Mermaid Aquarium will be bringing Oxygen.

OK I am in!! lol now if I can just leave my cell phone in Seattle. Hey Reefgeek can I get a visitor pass to?? I have a regular ticket for the show?

Mike

Have a Awesome time, build some memories that last...good ones!

I hope you guys take lots of photos. I am sure its going to be a awesome time you guys. I would be there with ya if not for relatives health in Seattle area.
wishing you guys the best of success,
Sincerely,
Ed:)

Back