What are these little guys??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK - I'm still not convinced that isn't a vermatid snail. Are you saying that dark red part pulls in? If so, then I'm not sure, and would need a closer pic of just that part.

The green stuff growing on the right side of that same rock looks like Caulerpa sertularioides to me, which would make Curtswearing right about what I thought was a peanut worm. It is likely just a tendril of caulerpa.

here's a link to a picture of the caulerpa: Caulerpa: Speciea Often Confused with Caulerpa taxifolia

everything you find in your tank will be fine unless it starts eating fish or starts smothering or stinging corals. calurpa is a macro algae that usually grows pretty fast if it is kept under control it is a nice addition to the tank but if left alone it can grow like crazy and take over corals

i also want to say congrats on the new setup, welcome to the hobby and welcome to RF. it sounds like you are having a blast with the new tank. i want to suggest looking through the hitch hiker forum. there are alot of great pictures and info and please keep asking questions. where exactly is cheney?

Thanks, I am really enjoying it. So then is there a particular technique to keeping caulerpa in check??

Cheney is a little south and a little east of spokane, its the town where EWU is located.

Thanks, I am really enjoying it. So then is there a particular technique to keeping caulerpa in check??

Cheney is a little south and a little east of spokane, its the town where EWU is located.

ahh i see:)
just pluck some out if it gets too outta control

Back