What do you think of this tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok, now you have a high dollar price for a tank ( which is a top of the line tank ), I'd make sure the wife knows this price, and go to all the stores from Everett to Tacoma and get quotes, and see how the wife likes local prices.

Well, staring at that tank on the internet was more than I could take. I picked it up with the stand and will be making a drive to Bend get it. I managed to get it for less than he was asking so even though I'm going to have to plug those holes I think I got a decent deal.

I've been running ideas through my head on making that stand work with a sump and I think I've got a workable plan. I'm going to get those two center supports cut out and get square steel tubing added to the remaining supports. I'm also going to have gussets welded at the top and bottom of each support. That will provide strength but more importantly it works for the skin I have planned. I'm going to use magnets to attach the front a side panels to the stand and those gussets will make a good mating surface for the magnets. Finally, I'm going to put some square tubing across the bottom and then weld two pieces of angled steel the full length of the stand to use as a track. I'll build a full length tray for the sump, skimmer, and pumps and put it on rollers so that I can pull the whole thing out the end of the stand for deep cleaning, maintenance or equipment replacement. For my ReefKeeper Elite I'll finish and mount a sheet of plywood on the back and mount my modules there along with ATO controllers, Vortech drivers, and miscellaneous items.

This is going to be fun. Can't wait to get started.

Mike

Yea, great idea with the gusset plates. I actually have a stand I built that has no center support and gusset plates, as well as magnetic closures (attached to the gusset plates and the removable doors.)

I wrote up a detailed DIY for it, that also has a link to where I got the magnetic closures. Its wood, so not that applicable, but the same idea.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...mMtNGIzNy00ODk0LTg0YzEtNGRjOWQ0NzI1ZGE0&hl=en

mcoomer im maybe thinking of selling my two tanks for really good prices. one is a 220 fish only, and the other is a 75 reefer. both come with all the bells and whistles. great fish also. let me know. both are fantastically plumbed too.

ROFL... we have all bin baned from Rc....

i dont know man.. with out reading any of the post or info. i say dont by someone else's tank.. make your own save his inhabitants

Back