-emerald crab
-serpent star
-some type of star
-various snails

and eventually when i get better lighting
-corals
-clam
-anemonies

and yes. i understand the foxface is venemous, the flame angel may pick at coral, and mandarin might starve. i also belive that the yellow tang will be ok in this 75 gallon tank. thanks

I think a mandarin would starve with a pair of percs and a hawkfish eating all the copepods. They are much faster than a mandarin. Either go with the mandarin or go with the percs and hawkfish, but don't do both.

I think 10 fish is too many for a 75 gallon. I'm sure some others will weigh in on the other fish soon. There are a few on the list I know almost nothing about.

Did you oknow that that foxface is venomous, that the flame angel may pick at coral, and that many say that tank is too small for the mandarin or the tang??

Just kidding...couldnt help it. :)

Im not sure what you are asking. I think that is a whole lot of fish for a 75. I also think that if set up properly with flow and skimming that it can work. That mandarin needs to eat prepared or the fish list does need to change though IMO. Too many pod eaters. I bet its AWESOME to watch the action though. :)

I agree that a Yellow Tang would be fine in a 75. I've kinda got to agree with that one since I've a Yellow Tang in my 75. I also have a small Foxface in my 46 that will be going in the 75 soon. I originally purchased it for the 75. Seeing has how I had an algae problem in the 46, no algae in the 75 because it was new, and the Foxface was small...I figured I'd put it in the 46 for awhile. Now that I've got some algae established in the 75 (very little) and the 46 is looking good, it's soon time to move the Foxface...lol. Then I'll only have to add Grape Caleurpa to 1 tank. I'm currently adding it to both tanks to feed the Tang and Foxface.
I would also echo what's already been said about the Mandarin, although it seems you're already aware of that....but seemingly don't want to take that advice...lol. I could be wrong but that is the way your initial post seemed. No offense intended.
From what I've read and learned about Flame Angels, they're the least likely to nip corals. I had a Coral Beauty for a long time with no problems at all. A Flame Angel would offer a great color contrast to your other fish.
I don't know a lot about Hawkfish, but understand that the Longnose is one of the most reef safe of them.
Other than that, the only other suggestion I may give would be that the Tang, Foxface and Flame Angel combined will create quite a load on your biological filter. They're all voracious eaters...and poopers....lol. You might think about eliminating any 1 of these 3 to keep your bioload down a little more.

I agree with everyone about it being too many fish. I have a 75. I think you could make it work if you worked really hard and are experienced. I wouldnt want to be a fish in there though. I am currently starving my mandarin. I had a million pods and then I got a six line wrasse and that was the end of them. Havent seen one in two months. I am now culturing tigger pods in four ten gallon tanks to feed it.

thankyou. yes i will look for a mandarin that accepts frozen food. that would be great. they are very good looking fish. thankyou for your thoughts. if anyone else has anything to add please do.

I would leave out the hermit crabs, ever since I got rid of mine my snails reproduce and live forever it seems.

haha yea but even after reading a ton about it i have no clue where to even start on the sump. how did you guys make your first sump? and how do you drill the glass ands tuff

updated list

-pink square anthias
-copperband butterfly
-flame angel
-royal gramma
-yellow watchman
-midas blenny
-mated pair perculas
-mandarin(probably not, unless i find one that accepts prepared food)

-hermit crabs
-emerald crab
-serpent star
-some type of star
-various snails

and eventually when i get better lighting
-corals
-clam
-anemonies
Edit/Delete Message

i decided to cut the yellow tang. i want it more than any fish but i dont want it to growup and be unhappy. so i replaced it with a pink square anthias. Is this a good fish? it is stunningly beautiful and i would like to add it to my tank. Also, i replaced the foxface rabbit because its venomous. i know its not deadly but its not something i want to have to worry about. besides im not a fan of the brown spot it has on it. So, i added a copperband butterfly. i know they can be dificult but im willing to give it a try. from what ive read most people have had great success with these. and yes i also cut the longnose hawkfish out of the picture to decrease the bioload and amount of fish. is this looking ok?

BTW does anyone recommend another fish instead of the anthias that will work
in my tank. I am concerned about the size and care of this anthias.

Cutting the Foxface and Tang will decrease your bio-load and both can possibly out grow that tank. Good thinking. I'll be hoping to upgrade my tank by the time my yellow tang and Foxface get that large...lol. I know absolutely NOTHING about Anthias except that they're beautiful fish. I've heard that it's hard to get them to eat sometimes, that they can become quite aggressive as well.

You're gutsy putting a Copper Banded Butterfly in there. They aren't all that reef safe and hard to feed. Survival rate in captivity is pretty dismal.

Have you considered a Neon Dotty Back? They're really cool looking fish and very active, so seen a lot.

Or maybe a Male and a couple female Anthias.

I sadly agree on the copper band. I do have a Mandrin and a 6 line in the same tank, but it's a 150. :)

Thanks but i think im going to give it a try. sorry. i cant help it. But i will how its doing at the LFS and if it eats and stuff thanks. if anyone has any info on sunburst anthias let me know thanks.

Back