What does your user name mean?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Once Again!
well...hmmmmm....my username....well i tried a few different names and all were taken. By the time I got to tike(don't now why!) it was taken too! With evil in my brain I tagged on the 666....BINGO!

Years ago, before there was much more than BBSs, I was involved with one of the first Javascript chat rooms. It was based in Australia. Everyone had themed names and mine was Syd, short for Sydney. Then came AOL. When I signed up, it asked for a username. I tried Syd, it was taken. So I came up with "sidandi." Don't ask me why, because it led to MANY MANY questions...lol. No, it wasn't about Sid Vicious. I didn't even know who he was. No, I am not ***...lol. So, to make the explanation less boring, I "invented" Sid as my imaginary friend. Scary huh? Well, I got in some trouble on AOL and was banned for awhile...lol...go figure. When I returned, with a more normal name, everyone wanted to know where "Sid" was. I came up with returnofsid. It stuck. Even in local circles, some of my friends, from AOL and not, called me Sid. Some of them even swore they saw Sid, even scarier huh? I'm no longer on AOL, Thank God, but the username has stuck.

Years ago, before there was much more than BBSs, I was involved with one of the first Javascript chat rooms. It was based in Australia. Everyone had themed names and mine was Syd, short for Sydney. Then came AOL. When I signed up, it asked for a username. I tried Syd, it was taken. So I came up with "sidandi." Don't ask me why, because it led to MANY MANY questions...lol. No, it wasn't about Sid Vicious. I didn't even know who he was. No, I am not ***...lol. So, to make the explanation less boring, I "invented" Sid as my imaginary friend. Scary huh? Well, I got in some trouble on AOL and was banned for awhile...lol...go figure. When I returned, with a more normal name, everyone wanted to know where "Sid" was. I came up with returnofsid. It stuck. Even in local circles, some of my friends, from AOL and not, called me Sid. Some of them even swore they saw Sid, even scarier huh? I'm no longer on AOL, Thank God, but the username has stuck.

Ah, now I know...have a good one Michael, er, uh, Sid. Hope you guys are doing well.

I have had several screen names on aol and such but now mine is pretty basic... my name is Bob and I live in Covington.

Actually I just wanted to keep it simple since there are so many "Bob's" out there. (and so I could remember my screen name easily too)

Thanks LizardArm!
I've been doing a fair bit of lurking, I have a Pacific NW tank, and I'm trying to decide if I want to do a warm water reef.

Thanks LizardArm!
I've been doing a fair bit of lurking, I have a Pacific NW tank, and I'm trying to decide if I want to do a warm water reef.

NWDiver now you have to start a new thread about your cold water tank a lot of people are interested by them including me lol.

Brian

I suppose I should. I have been very lucky with my system so far. I have so little experience with keeping an aquarium that I didn't know the things I did should have failed :) I will start post in the next few days explaining what I have done so far.

-Todd

NC2WA..

I lived in North Carolina (NC) before I moved to Washington (WA)..

It's a perfect license tag alias. :)

Last name is Balogh (bay-log) and I am pretty sure we set up the E-mail we have in '03...ever since then all the screen names have been easily remembered, because they are all the same. :p

-augustus balogh

I was trying to think of a good user name while looking at my spotted sculpin in his tank by my desk. We called "him" Mr. Sculpin. So I used that.
Later I saw someone else had sculpin already.
Sorry about that to the "real" sculpin! :)

Back