What happened to this forum?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Or, someone could tell the truth and say that a bunch of people got all butt hurt, decided they'd rather play elsewhere.

idk if butthurt is the word id use but yes ppl flocked to FB and other places like r2r.
Guess something to do with drama and ppl. He did this or she did that.
kinda messed up. LOL
the whole ordeal that is...
-d

idk if butthurt is the word id use but yes ppl flocked to FB and other places like r2r.
Guess something to do with drama and ppl. He did this or she did that.
kinda messed up. LOL
the whole ordeal that is...
-d

Actually all that above and I had a moderator that wanted to run the site, didn't happen so he gathered a group of local ppl and took them to r2r.

Sad for all the sponsors, especially the long term ones. Would be nice to see RF do some promoting at the Reef Conventions around the country. Just my .02.

Another issue I am finding with new people in the hobby, is so many people live on their phones and find FB easier to function on. Atleast that's what I am being told when I try to get people to try forums like RF.

This is like the 2nd or 3rd thread about this. Always some new avatar screen name with 1 or 2 posts. Almost like someone is poking there nose or stirring up the pot.
I do feel bad for the sponsors and other hobbyists looking to further there fix.
Idk how to get the traffic back.
D

Well to say one thing that doesn't help is I'm from Louisiana, a loner LOL. Other than that the mods help with any user issues & day to day things, I run the entire back-end site alone, all of the software, server & security etc. I'm far cry when it come to promoting the site, the users are the ones that do that now days, we don't have super stars here and everything I do it for free, my time goes here and the return I get is to see happy users hopefully, it is very difficult to get anyone to commit to helping out on that level, lot of dedication. I want to support the forum and sponsors as much as possible but I have a full career with lots of people depending on my every day, even when i'm on vacation I have to work on some level daily. It is very time consuming to live as it is and still manage to keep this site as secure as I can and running, doing updates etc frequently because of the way the internet has become due to hackers, bots and spammers always working around security.
If we want more from this site then I need help, real help, dedicated help, on a higher level.:violin:

LOL, good thing, they said it would never last and she is still up years later, I still have hope! :)
I hope the sponsors can also hang in they long enough to get that very needed help and get the site busy with traffic. :humble:

I imagine ppl had to move on couldn't care for there tanks? There's many reasons work, kids, etc... I personally lurk the site here in there i enjoy sw tanks an everything that comes with it but can't keep one at the moment.

I imagine ppl had to move on couldn't care for there tanks? There's many reasons work, kids, etc... I personally lurk the site here in there i enjoy sw tanks an everything that comes with it but can't keep one at the moment.

I am in a similar situation

i sure wish this all could go back to how it was when i got into the hobby. it was more about trading coral frags. if you were looking for a coral. you would post what you are looking for. i really dislike FB. i wish more people would get back on this site.

Just came by to say hi guys.

Been a while since I saw you here, WB!

Interesting thing yesterday we did a search review of this site compared to every site in the US and we ranked fairly high, it is like there are people here but just not posting here.

Back