What happened to this forum?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Actually all that above and I had a moderator that wanted to run the site, didn't happen so he gathered a group of local ppl and took them to r2r.
That's a shame. I loved reef frontiers back when I was in the hobby. Got out 5 years ago (reluctantly, life got in the way); now I'm back and the first thing I checked was reef frontiers, thinking it's grown since then. Then I got all surprised that it was so inactive. But I'm not leaving :)

It is much slower than was, but it isn't dead. Too many people went over to facebook and we were getting hit with a lot of spam. I still think it is a great place for reef talk and we still have people who are involved in RF. I hope it does rebound as it is still a great place to talk reefing. Also many people are getting out of the hobby.

Looking forward to being part of the community again. Starting slow, very slow. I still have my 120 acrylic but it is down to green/orange mushrooms, my 16yo maroon clownfish, and a tankful of aptasia. Just started a bucket of dry rock to let age for a few months while I prep the new tank, this one is going to be perfect. :)

Oh and FWIW Facebook sucks, there is no organization, no searching, just a running spew of photos, spam, vitriol.. Pro's should be in these forums. I plan on starting a tank blog.

Oh and FWIW Facebook sucks, there is no organization, no searching, just a running spew of photos, spam, vitriol.. Pro's should be in these forums. I plan on starting a tank blog.

I will wish you luck looking for the reefing community here... maybe if enough folks make their way back, it will work

Well since starting this thread, I started using FB and I'm actually liking it. Appears to be zero flaming due to people posting under their real names. Retailers have zero control and the forsale section is unrestricted.

Turns out FB has practically ended the concept of forums. Even RC is is down more than 80%.

LOL this is what I saw when I opened a facebook group today.
Just as much bad going on according to some, it seems to scroll by quicker though.

Capture_zps8izlyxhp.png

Congrats, this year everything is growing. Just a thought can the rules ease up a bit on sales stuff, I always came here for that and it seems like the requirements went up and everybody left, but then I wasn't really around. Looking forward to finding local reefers I can swap and trade with, we are 90 miles from real stores.. (barrier)

I am down to a 29 gal JBJ that I barely keep up with! Been doing a lot of house remodeling and once it's done i plan on firing up something much larger! Then i will be more active on RF again. Until then, I lurk around to see what is happening. FB is OK bur you don't feel the comradery like you do in a forum. It could be true that forums days are numbered ...but for the time being i am gonna HANG here!!

Congrats, this year everything is growing. Just a thought can the rules ease up a bit on sales stuff, I always came here for that and it seems like the requirements went up and everybody left, but then I wasn't really around. Looking forward to finding local reefers I can swap and trade with, we are 90 miles from real stores.. (barrier)

Crystal Reef Aquatics doesn't count as a "real store"?

Have they re-opened after the fire?

They are shooting for a opening this month. From their facebook page:
Due to some unexpected delays, we will be opening in early January. I hope everyone is as excited as we are!
We are waiting on approval from the city. We are so close! Dog and cat should be open in the next few weeks along with aquarium products. Fish and coral to follow. Everything should be in by the end of the month.

Back