What happened to this forum?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've been out of the saltwater side of the hobby for a while but I like to look at the forum ocassionally but when I do I have a hard time finding fresh posts to be involved in. I'd post one myself but I don't have much to post about now a days.

I've been out of the hobby for years, but thinking about getting back into it. Took awhile looking through backups to find my username and password to logon!
Sorry to see the forum that has its roots in a club I helped start in '90s in the Seattle area slow down. I have a lot of fond memories of club meetings at the store and at peoples homes along with a number other events.

I've been out of the hobby for years, but thinking about getting back into it. Took awhile looking through backups to find my username and password to logon!
Sorry to see the forum that has its roots in a club I helped start in '90s in the Seattle area slow down. I have a lot of fond memories of club meetings at the store and at peoples homes along with a number other events.
Clubs on its way out too apparently.

come on all gentlemen ,,,,let do something to wake this RF up,even i am take a long break from this hobby too long ,i have not tolly really quit yet,,let cheer it up

Looks like 1000 people viewing right now, pretty good size. FB reaches out and recommends everyone to connect with everyone else, that's why they get viewers. Too hard to follow threads on FB though.

I bet opening up the for sale section will bring back some members.
I also could not find my login so made up new one.
I was told by a LFS manager that the SW hobby was on a decline?

I've been busy with work lately, working my way up the ladder. I am going to try to be more active though!

Hey everyone! A few of you might recognize my screen name. I moved to Denver a year ago, had to tear down my Washington tank a year before that. It was pretty depressing.

Anyway, I finally placed an order for a custom tank. I'll post up a thread here. I miss the WA reefing community. The people here are really nice and there's a good local community, but I don't know any of them yet other than by screen name.

I'm an old man trapped in a young man's body and also dislike the facebooks. :)

Well I'm a young man in an old man's body. Lol
Noticed all my reefer friends are old timers.
Good to c u post up here halmus. Hope all is well!
-d

I was once gone, but have just recently come back. I was an idiot with my tank, thinking it was 'easy' to maintain. BULLLLSHHITTT. I'm not figuring out there's much more to it and it's time to get serious with it. So serious that I've hired Barrier Reef to clean the tank back up and maintain the servicing of it.

So far, I can't say enough for Barrier Reef! The tank is coming back, the corals are starting to perk up a bit.

Getting ready to make the switch to some high class LED lighting, getting stoked for the Barrier Reef sale in a couple of weeks to load up and actually have a tank to be proud of.

I too wish this site was as active as it once was. I'll try to pop my head in and say a few blurbs, if we all did that, perhaps it'll come back to life, huh, kind of like my poor 90g tank.

~Jim

Ya funny how a Lil success makes you think it can run on auto pilot so to speak. I tired this with two tanks and am going back to 1 big one.
No auto pilot here. Need to watch and pay attention.
D

Back