what is the best fan to attach to a Luminarc mini with 4" diameter outlet

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Don,
are these the high power ones and really noisy??? I am just looking for a quiet little fan to vent the heat from the bulb. and quiet enough to run in my living room on a hopefully "silent" elos tank

Thanks Don,
are these the high power ones and really noisy??? I am just looking for a quiet little fan to vent the heat from the bulb. and quiet enough to run in my living room on a hopefully "silent" elos tank

Dont know I got it for free and never used it.

Don

You could probably use any 92mm computer case fan, like these. That company ships from Kirkland, so you'd likely get next day shipping regardless of shipping option chosen. To hook one up to an electrical outlet, you need a 12v DC adapter. Splice the cables together and you're done. If you want to get fancy, you can get a variable voltage adapter, say 3-12v. Switching the voltage will increase/decrease the fan's speed. My canopy has 4 120mm computer fans setup like this and I love it. The fans are way cheaper than the (way overpriced) Icecap fans some people use.

Coral Vue SmartFan 4"

I recommend the CoralVue Smart Fan. Variable speed depending on heat sensor reading of temp. Little bit expensive but reliable, efficient and quiet. Sounds like you only need one. I picked up 2 a few weeks ago at ARSA my LFS on 15th not far from you in edmonds (no shipping charges). I think they have 2 left (call them to check). I noticed a difference immediately especially during the hot days last Thursday and Friday. Still need to get them on timers. Hope that helps. :)

Eric

You could probably use any 92mm computer case fan, like these. That company ships from Kirkland, so you'd likely get next day shipping regardless of shipping option chosen. To hook one up to an electrical outlet, you need a 12v DC adapter. Splice the cables together and you're done. If you want to get fancy, you can get a variable voltage adapter, say 3-12v. Switching the voltage will increase/decrease the fan's speed. My canopy has 4 120mm computer fans setup like this and I love it. The fans are way cheaper than the (way overpriced) Icecap fans some people use.

Cooling fan PS

PS the coral vue fan I mentioned comes with the AC/DC adapter and has long enough cords for me to hang mine on my canopy and run the electrical cord down into the lower cabinet to plug it in (155g custom acrylic tank). My two are are cooling off two icecap 250 de halide pendant just fine.

Eric

What is the best (and quietest) 4" fan out there for attaching to the cooling duct outlet on my Luminarc mini. What places carry the ducting (and the fan)?

Back