What kind of crabby?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cowgirldani

horses - koi - reef
Found this under a pipe when we took the main display tank down. Freaked the crap out of me and dad, we thought we had everything out so when the sand moves and something hits your had its a little scary! thinking it may be the cause of some coral over the last months. Must have been in there a while, didnt add any new rock for over a year... :doubt:

What is it? its gone now but just curious if its a nasty.

It was cream body, and big black claws... ewww :mad:

(haha sorry for the netflix, please ignore... lol)

P1060051.jpg

P1060050.jpg

Last edited:
OOOO, I had one not to long ago that I believed it was killing all my snails and eating some xenia except mine was white with black tips. I don't think there are many people who can ID these hitchikers very well.

josh

come to think of it, there were over 30 snail shells stuffed back there... maybe we had one of the same species! And my xenia and lps didnt look all that happy either sometimes... thats when we thought something might be eating it.... :mad:

better safe than sorry... if i see one that is not an acro crab, i get rid of it

Crabs like that usually turn into coral eaters when they run out of snails to get. One kind of coral or another. I've had the bad luck to end up with several in my zoanthid tank and they will eat zoanthids.
I'd give it the deep freeze.

I told dad to get rid of it, I didnt want to know details... haha he takes care of that kind of stuff for me... lol I think he put him out in the snow... lol. Deep freeze alright!

I can't believe you let the crab die in vain. It looks like a teensy weensy dungeness, you could've at least had it for dinner! :mad:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

snowboarda - i know netflix is amazing!

rookie - yes I know, but, then I thought about all the cashola he ate and thought this would be a better way to go... by better I mean for me. It woulda tasted like cash. ew. :lol: Plus, what a rip off for the dungenous at that size!

Back