What kinds of coral can i keep?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

menace78

I have been under minimum lighting for some time now and have an RBTA, some mushrooms, Kenya trees, finger leather, pulsing xenia, and candy cane corals.

I just upgraded to duel icecap 660's and changed over to 2x72" (1x50/50, 1x10k) & 4x48" (2x50/50 & 2x14k) and left the 2 50/50 96watt PC's (might change these over to full actinic). for a total of ~950watts

I am now wondering what kinds of corals (or maybe a clam?) I can support with this new lighting.
The tank is 150g @ about 20" depth from water surface to sandbed. lighting as ~7" from the surface and I have ~2500gph flow (split between 7 outputs) I have one side of the tank faster flow than the other.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ask if you need anymore details.

P.S. the tank is a little over 9 moths old. Nicely established but not ready for anything too delicate yet i think ;)

congrats on the upgrade, people have had great results keeping everything under vho lighting, you just might have to be a bit more selective on coral placement but i think you can keep anything

I have been wanting to get a Tridacna clam.
So you think this lighting will be adequate?

And thank you. I'm glad to hear I can finally start trying my hand at some sps :)

yeah i had one in a 100 gallon with the pcs i gave you. i kept it a bit high and after about a year transfered it to my mh tank

wow. didn't even realize that was you for some reason :p
cool. I've always loved the way those clams look.
O and I'll take you up on the offer for the reactor.
Let me know if your still looking to get rid of it :)
and did you have any luck selling that tank with the cracked bracing?

your fine you can keep what you want in the tank you have ample light just keep the clams a lil closer to the light and everything will grow alright:)

Back