What's worth it in a magnet-algae-scraper?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Which one do you consider a good value here...there's a range of prices from 60-160

yes and I always get sand stuck in mine and then scratch my tank.

Sometimes the sand is really small, just pointy I guess cause I miss it until a couple of ugly long scratches show.

I'm curious myself. That seems like a lot but if they could get the coraline it might be worth more. Are they really that much better?

I have the biggest magfloat. It is made for up to 1" acrylic. I promise it will not fall off you tank.:D I will sell it if you want it. I do not have that tank any more.
If you play with it it will put blood blisters on your fingers. Just ask my 8yo that learned the hard way about 10 seconds after I told him not to touch it.

we had one for a while, but we got a lot of scratches. but our sand is fine so it sturs up real easily.

i like my mag-float is good for my little tank :).
you can always try to make one ...just ask Donw if he has some good ideas :p:D.

unless you have a huge tank...I would go with the mag float. just bought one myself from a local store for 28.00. Another store in town was selling the same one for 46.00 so shop around a little.

glass and stainless steel blade's for me

thats crazy..... does it have a on button?

Algae free make some dang good floats. I use the Piranha float and it will make your arm tired from cleaning.
A little spendy buy well worth the money.

thats what im talking about!!!! That unit has a power cord..... I like

Back