What's wrong with my anenome ??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

KRMNAL1

I have 2 rose bulb's that are about 7" to 9" they have been very healthy and hardy since I bought them from Class Clown close to a year ago However, one of them for the past 2 days is acting funny. His stem seems to be much longer than normal and it keeps trying to twist the stem. My water parameters are fine and the thing is fully opened but it seems weird that it is trying to twist off his stem, it kinda looks like a piece of twisted saltwater taffy

Whats up ??

It seems to unwind by itself and I've only seen it twist almost 1 full turn, the bigger it gets the more the current moves it but if the current was the problem wouldn't it move itself to a better spot ??

Hey Mike - glad to here the CCRBTA's are still doing well. :D :D :D I've noticed mine doing that too recently strangly enough. I figured it was just getting too big and then got caught in one of the currents. I recently built up a lot of rockwork around it and it's foot is still anchored at the bottom but it has to stretch up really tall to get sunlight.. any chance you have a similar situation where it really has to reach up to get some good light?

About 3 weeks ago it moved several inches away from the other one because it is needed more room to open and now that I think about it she moved lower and the foot really has to extend to get around the bottom of the rock to the light. I don't want to stick my hand in there to move it because my clowns get mad as hell and start attacking, it doesn't hurt but sure startles the heck out of me and gets the clowns worked up

my clown bit the SH!@ outta me the other day.... i was cleaning next to the anonome... and boy did he not like that

Back