Whats your duncan growth?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BCT182

The other day I counted 17 heads on my duncan frag. I bought it decemeber 2nd with only two heads. These things grow faster than xenia.

Is anyone else having rapid growth like this? I hear of people flushing xenia down the toilet cause it grows out of control. I dont think my toilet can handle LPS:badgrin:

you could always give it to me:D
Mine only grew from 2 heads with 2 tiny heads to 4 headed and 2little heads in 2-3months

i think you also got excotic aussie acans too:)

I have those too...now the real question is what to do with them all. At least you can keep fragging the acans. Duncans take awhile before the stalks are far enough apart to frag safely. This brings up the next question 180g (72x24x25) or the 240 (72x30x25). Any thoughts?

Its funny that a year ago these were more of a "rare" coral in the NW. A year from now they will be one of those corals EVERYONE has.

Mine are growing like crazy too.... from 5-15 in two months. I still see some LFSs trying to get $50.00 a head, but with the abundance of duncans has recently flooded the market and their fast growth... I can't imagine them selling for this price for much longer.

The hard part is fragging off the new heads. They pop up quick and get pretty larger quickly as well, but their skeletons are slow growers and it does take a good amount of time before they are far enough apart from eachother to actually safely frag.

The hard part is fragging off the new heads. They pop up quick and get pretty larger quickly as well, but their skeletons are slow growers and it does take a good amount of time before they are far enough apart from eachother to actually safely frag.

I was just in QTs today and Andy has probably 5-10 duncan pieces over 40 heads each... there are so may heads you can't even see the stalks. They kinda look like one big zoa colony from above. Based on this, I don't know if the stalks will ever grow much longer, but I'm not an expert and can be totally wrong.

Also, some really amazing colors too... one is almost purple. Of course at this size they are spendy too because of the sheer number of heads... I think they in the neighborhood of 20.00 a head.

if anyone can pop off a frag of one im curently looking for one :) let me know if anyone has a head or two..lol was going to get one from fish store friday actually didnt realize they grew that fast :shock:

For those of us who don't know what a dunkan frag is,any chace for a picture. I'm sure that even you guys who do know what this is would like to see one. pleease!

Back