What's your worse tank related flood??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krish75 said:
Nothing Tim...They are great nano cubes:p

You just say that because you know I can't come over to your house and let you have it!!!:mad: :lol:

Besides, mr 75 gallon, you don't have me beat by much.:p

Tim

You just say that because you know I can't come over to your house and let you have it!!!

Besides, mr 75 gallon, you don't have me beat by much.

Tim

ROFL! Yeah, a 75 gal isn't far off, but I'll take a picture of the "tank" what is in my backyard;)

cheater!!! i dont think I have had much more than a gallon or so on my apartments carpeted floors

So have you ever had your...............um...........aquarium, cause a flood in your house?

Too many! I never heard so many cuss words at one time than from my wife one time she came home and water was at our front door(LOL) I thought it was funny, but I guess I was wrong:D

Well, mine was about 5 or 6 months ago when I had just switched my ampmaser 3000 out for a sequence hammerhead, but I had apparently forgotten to put a hose clamp back on one of my hoses and my wife called me at work to tell me that there was only 2-3" of water left in my tank and no water in the sump(150 gal tank and 40 gal sump) and everything was still running including lights (3 250 watt HQI MH) and heaters and pumps. Of course I work about and hour away from my house. The tanks was well established with lots of colonies lost everything except a part of my orange monti cap and a couple of frags I was able to take to a friends house. Live and learn;) hose clamps are our friend!:lol:

Chris

Wow Chris, that's a LOT of water on the floor. I'm sure your wife wasn't too thrilled with you... My husband would have beaten me with a pineapple.

It was a lot of water, but luckily it was in the garage and the house is at just the right angle and it drained out of the garage away from the house.

Chris

I was lucky... Mine didn't make it near the door.... It just went into the apartment below me :badgrin:

as for the crappy 55? it's too small and it was supposed to be a temporary fix until I could get another 90 or bigger. I think it's a perfecto, but it was given to me but the maintenence mananger for free... (dude rawks!)

Mine wasn't exactly my tank, but my RODI container in my downstairs bathroom. I was filling my 30 G trashcan I use for mixing one day, when I accidentally went to bed without shutting off the water...thats not the worse part. I also got up the next morning and went to work. I was driving my patrol car around the next "afternoon" when I suddenly remembered I had left the water on.:eek: :eek: Talk about a shock.....I don't even know how many gallons went on the floor but it was a mess.....opps:rolleyes:

Mothers day 2004 Loss of a All-Glass 125

Ok Becky this was a BIG test for a newbie!
This one was bad! I took Sherri out for a nice Mothers day dinner and came home to my sump empty and water flowing out the end seal ( Whole front pane) The tank was down about 3" from the top My living Room was a Total.
Tank was just about 3 months old had some inverts and a hand full of fish.
I had garbage cans all over the place! :mad: :mad: :mad:
My 125 was Under warranty But All-Glass didn't have one but they did have a a 150 ( same foot print just taller )
2 great things happened that mothers day
1st I was able to get a 75 Gallon Nano tank to tide me over
2nd I upgraded to a 150 gallon main tank
Good news is Both tanks have 2 years with no leaks!

Beckmola24 said:
While trying to get everything tweaked on my 90g tank, my husband and I spilled about 10g of water on our hard wood floors... I just can't seem to work on any of my tanks w/o getting water on the floor. :rolleyes: It gets aggravating sometimes but now I HAVE to work on the tanks with a plastic tarp on the floor. Our whole house is practically hard wood...

Share your worst tank flood with us! :)

Last edited:
Worst flood...

I was just walking off a plane in california, when I get a phone call that my tank level is just going over and they can't figure out why, and water is pouring out all the sides... Having to talk someone through unplugging the pump etc, was a pain. It was even worse being far away, and unable to do anything :|

-Josh-:cool:

snobanker said:
Mine wasn't exactly my tank, but my RODI container in my downstairs bathroom. I was filling my 30 G trashcan I use for mixing one day, when I accidentally went to bed without shutting off the water...thats not the worse part. I also got up the next morning and went to work. I was driving my patrol car around the next "afternoon" when I suddenly remembered I had left the water on.:eek: :eek: Talk about a shock.....I don't even know how many gallons went on the floor but it was a mess.....opps:rolleyes:

I did the exact same thing, except I remembered while I was in the shower the next morning. Luckily my RODI doesn't make water that fast. I only spilled about 3-4 gallons.

Back