Where has all the particpation gone???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I haven't been on in awhile.... huh. noticed some changes. Tried to fine the classifieds... now Sales??? Ok, but now I need 50 posts!!! really? (maybe that's part of it) I've been on quite a bit on this forum in the past. Been out of the loop for awhile.... was a little sad that I can no longer see livestock and equipment. this will be 31 out of 50 posts. time to go on a bunch of gallery post and add pointless comments, "nice tank." JK, can't even bring myself to do that. On to Craigslist I guess.

P.S. I just had twin girls born so I barely have time for basic water changes let alone make/add to posts (trying to sooth crying baby in sling while I type, ha ha).

this thread is ridiculous, why hasn't someone closed it?
i have to have 50 posts to view the classified? i don't have anything to post about.

not calling anyone out, but am I the only one that sees all that irony?

I haven't been on in awhile.... huh. noticed some changes. Tried to fine the classifieds... now Sales??? Ok, but now I need 50 posts!!! really? (maybe that's part of it) I've been on quite a bit on this forum in the past. Been out of the loop for awhile.... was a little sad that I can no longer see livestock and equipment. this will be 31 out of 50 posts. time to go on a bunch of gallery post and add pointless comments, "nice tank." JK, can't even bring myself to do that. On to Craigslist I guess.

P.S. I just had twin girls born so I barely have time for basic water changes let alone make/add to posts (trying to sooth crying baby in sling while I type, ha ha).
and on a more serious note, the 'nice tank' posts, when not intentionally just post padding are just as likely as anything else to get people talking. it bumps older threads and some may see them for the first time. I'm on record as noting the lack of participation bothers me a lot,
... reading about others sucesses and failures is the biggest reaon i've had any success at all in my tanks.

Welcome back Ratfish
You may post as many senseless post on this senseless thread as you need to get the "Golden Key" to the For Sale Place

I didn't mean to sound terse, I was just a bit confused/surprised. I have had a bit of a hiatus, and wasn't something I was expecting to run into.

I was hoping to look for powerheads and such. I need more flow! Still at war with the algae in my tank. very embarrassed at the state of things to say the least. I've going back to basics, and hitting the forum to see if there is some wisdom I haven't tried. More flow on my lower rock level I think will help. I've been trying to say on top on water changes, but that has been a challenge while raising my newborn twins.

Congratulations on the new borns. Twin girls, wow. they will be the love of your life now. Tank will definitely take a back seat.

Hello folks,

I am in the same boat as Ratfish in regards to the classifieds. I planned to set up a reef tank, but things have changed, and for now, I am staying in freshwater. I have some quality reef related equipment available - most of it is New In Box (NIB) that I'd love for people here to be able to utilize. Is it OK to ask people to PM me to see if I have something they could use? I don't want to abuse the forum by any means, and when I was planning on setting up a reef tank, people here were awesome - I got great advice. Should I instead create an ad on Craigslist and post a link back here? Again, I really want to be responsible and not abuse the system here. I hope to return some day when I can afford the time to have a saltwater tank.

Thanks!

Chad

anyone else wacthing at midnight? has to be one of the funniest new shows in a long time...

I had a squirrel once that liked to eat cheese. He ventured out in a blizzard one winter. The price of mayonaise that year was ridiculous. Now I always wear a poncho when doing water changes, altbough it worries my wrasse. I am sure I need a front end alignment but the clock in the shower still says three.

I had a squirrel once that liked to eat cheese. He ventured out in a blizzard one winter. The price of mayonaise that year was ridiculous. Now I always wear a poncho when doing water changes, altbough it worries my wrasse. I am sure I need a front end alignment but the clock in the shower still says three.

ummm, wake up... thats one weird dream!

I thought the retail stores weren't going to be open for a few months. :)

Back