why dont we have a delete thread option? or a delete post option?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I see that other forums have an option to delete your own post/thread.. I dont see why we shouldn't have that. It would be easier than PMing a mod and having them do it for you...

Also, whats with the edit.. you cant even edit your old posts past a certain time frame?
:confused::confused::confused:

The "delete at any time" option was removed when a prominent and well respected member, (name I will not disclose) during a moment of anger, deleted his entire list of contributions, all posts, all threads all pictures. Later when he calmed down, it was too late to bring it back. A lot of excellent info was lost forever. Now have 30 min to delete before permanent record. Mods can dump stuff any time but use that right very sparingly...

I have a suggestion, maybe a Junk File that we could move our own posts to so from there the Mods could delete or move to another forum. No more pm's to mods just a single place for mods to clean-up. Just an idea from a not-so-techy-guy

Todd

WELL !! Good morning to you also Mike. Thats alot of humor for such an old guy before 9-am, Oh yea "Early-to-bed Early-to raise yada yada yada".

On a side note, liking this sunshine and we may not all end up inside your place for BBQ afterall. Give me a call if youd like for us to bring any extra seating, card table, giant ice chest or ???

Todd

Ohhh, it was right after that event they took that option away? I remember it being 'edit at any time' rather than delete....

Oh my, only now did I realize what your title meant herefighyfishy, LOL

Thats a really good idea Todd.

Last edited:
The "delete at any time" option was removed when a prominent and well respected member, (name I will not disclose) during a moment of anger, deleted his entire list of contributions, all posts, all threads all pictures. Later when he calmed down, it was too late to bring it back. A lot of excellent info was lost forever. Now have 30 min to delete before permanent record. Mods can dump stuff any time but use that right very sparingly...

The problem here is, actions have consequences,if someone deletes all his/her stuff, Bummer for him/her if he wants it back.
ever action has an equal or opposite reaction. If you make a bad choice, you must own it and live on.. there are no "GO BACKS" in real life...

If you need the topic deleted. You can just flag the topic, ask for it to be removed and a mod will come thru and delete it. As long as the topic was started by you

Is there a way to put a "Delete" thread for the sellers in the "for sale" sections.

That way they can just delete the item when it's sold and they won't just have notes and extra work for mods to do.

Is there a way to put a "Delete" thread for the sellers in the "for sale" sections.

That way they can just delete the item when it's sold and they won't just have notes and extra work for mods to do.
Or perhaps allow the OP on a thread in those sections to edit the thread title. That way you can add a "Sold" to it. A few forums I belong to have that feature.

Were just in the working stage of doing a major overhaul/upgrade to the website and the new VB part of that has many many options, I will look to see if we can give up some more permissions as long as it doesnt leave the door open for bad stuff.

Mojo

Whats wrong with just posting up that the items in question are sold?

;)

Nick

Nothing wrong with a post saying the items are sold.

Just offering suggestions. I kinda thought that was the purpose of a "Feedback & Suggestions" area.

Back