You might be a Hardcore Reef Keeper if.....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You might be a hardcore reefer if you can't buy any more frozen foods because the freezer is full of bottles to keep the tank cool!
(that's me right now!)

You might be a hardcore reefer if people can find your house by the salt buckets on the porch!

You might be a hardcore reefer if you sign another year lease to avoid moving the tank!

You might be a hardcore reefer if every fish store in town knows your name, and makes other customers wait when you walk in the door!

You might be a hardcore reefer if you are addicted to buying rock, but don't do drugs!

I could go on all day about the summer heat, because these are all things I've done in the last week. You know you are a hardcore reefer when:

it's too hot to sleep because the fan is blowing on the tank.

You leave the air conditioner on while your gone so your tank keeps cool.

You take a break at work to call home and find out the temperature of your tank.

You put dark curtains over the window so the sun doesn't heat up your water.

You might be a hardcore reefer if... You have more spare equipment than equipment in use.

Hmm, I may need that second sump someday....

Or....... when other reefers know where you live before you tell them because they've been noticing the blue glow out the front window.

You might be a hard core reefer if...You've convinced your entire family that "it is time" to re-build the reef room and enlarge the tank, instead of spending the $$$$ vacation savings on a Cruise or Hawaii or DISNEYLAND!!! Shhhh...don't tell my hubby or 9yr old that I spent 6 months doing just that. LOL.

Sound familliar?
Deb

You might be a hard core reefer if you pay to have your license plates changed to display the size of your tank. (you know who you are... lol)

You might be a hardcore reefer if you spent 8 hours looking for a cable plug to DIY a module on your controller.

You might be a hardcore reefer if you spent 6 hours programming a controller....

You might be a hardcore reefer if you are hooking up a wireless webcam to monitor your reef while traveling....

You might be a hardcore reefer if you have a DNS address for your reef tank.

Oh yeah....

You might be a hardcore reefer if your wife says "I don't care how big it is this time as long as it is automated...spend what you have too."

You might be a hardcore reefer if..... your fish are having prawns and your having hotdogs for dinner.

If you take maternity leave when your clown fish has babies. OR if you refer to those babies as your kids.

u might be a hardcore reefer if one tank just isnt enough!
I think that speaks for most! lol

u might be a harcore reefer if ur lights cost more than ur tank!

u might be a harcore reefer if ur a member of a reef forum =)

u might be a harcore reefer if ur co-worker makes fun of u for watching ur crabs mate and release eggs!

Back