Zoa and paly care

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

But i lost the polyp of the mohawk paly last knight! AUUGG
I went and got more superglue today so I should be good now!

You better belive that AOG is now glued down!

Speaking of superglue.. Can you use the one you can off the shelf from hardware stores? Or does it really have to be reef glue?

I'm trying to trade for some Mohawks this weekend. I just received what they called Day Tripper zoanthids over the mail. I dont know if its going to survive.. Man.. No heat packs or anything. The water was pretty cold.

I just received what they called Day Tripper zoanthids over the mail. I dont know if its going to survive.. Man.. No heat packs or anything. The water was pretty cold.
I've had zoas shipped to me via priority mail and the bag broke. So no heat pack and out of the water for 2 days and they all still survived. Never bought from that seller again but it was surprising how strong these little guys are. Good luck with yours.

If you plan on doing alot of fragging/superglueing, the 20 gram tubes of IC-GEL are the best buy.

whats this armour of god is that a mustad colour zoa?? we get lots of nice zoas here but there not aquaculutered and not many people give them names but you guys would def get zoas/palys that we collect because we often ship corals to U.S, like nice red freckel palys and blue with yellow skirts plus bulk acans, trachys, scolys, chalice, symphillya and catys

As far as lighting I have a colony of radioactive zoo's over a 1000+ strong in size. This one colony was only 5 polyps 2 years ago. Some are only 2" from the top under 400w MH bulbs and others in low light shadows. They all look just as good in whatever light they are in. One thing they all have in common though is good moderate flow.

The super glue I use I get at a hobby store that sells remote controlled toy vehicles. It comes in like a 5 or 10 oz. bottle and extra thick.

whats this armour of god is that a mustad colour zoa?? we get lots of nice zoas here but there not aquaculutered and not many people give them names but you guys would def get zoas/palys that we collect because we often ship corals to U.S, like nice red freckel palys and blue with yellow skirts plus bulk acans, trachys, scolys, chalice, symphillya and catys
I was was looking them up They are BRIGHT PINK! zoos

Armor of Gods are actually Palys. Here's a pic of mine when I first got it. It has now multiplied and colored up a lot more.
fish013.jpg

Last edited:
If you plan on doing alot of fragging/superglueing, the 20 gram tubes of IC-GEL are the best buy.

Where can you get this? I also got a suggestion from a good friend. $6 I think from Taps Plastics..

i have a pink paly colony with slightly gray skirts and green mouths, ring any bells

mine are like that but with shorter skirts ? And yes in the right light and healthy they are WAY brighter pink!

o k wait i got one but in the pick i just took off the rock this thing was on and this stayed there so i left it hence all the ugly white glue And I just glued down a bunch of anthilia stocks in a hole on the same rock!
100_4873.jpg

Back