Zoa dipping

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tkmak

I've looked around here and on the internet about dipping. So far, I haven't dipped anything.

thinking about getting into greater amounts of zoas - esp the cooler and more expensive ones. Since my LFS doesn't have them (good place - Atlantis Aquarium in Union City) - I'm gonna have to start buying them from internet sources where I don't know their quality.

Therefore I am thinking about instituting a dipping protocol. Anybody have a good all purpose, kill all pests, easy method of dipping your SPS, LPS, Softies, and Zoas?

I've been looking at the Interceptor and Fluke method, the Lugol's and Flatworm Exit, and freshwater/iodine dips. So far, most seen methodologies have not been too detailed in dosage, salt water amount, and dipping time.

Can anybody elaborate????

I use a half cap full malifix in half gallon my tank water, for 10 mins then at the end, swish around violently for about 60 seconds.

Thanks Finn, I've seen similar methods - but nobody has given such exact measurements and methods. lugols/flatworm exit seems to be fairly popular.
I'll institute this for introduction of zoathids, but do you use it for sps and lps? I've been told no iodine for softies.

Back