1000 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think for my first fill I wouldnt worry about the water. Fill it from the tap and use a
conditioner. No sps or coral ? just shark ?
Dont they eat license plates,fingers,boats,doors gas cans and small cars. etc

This one eats neighbor cats

Hey you took my Tank stand! What the #$%!@#$ lol:D

Looking forward to the set-up dude! That thing will be 300 gallons bigger than my new one! Talk about set-up! Ouch! And the tank on top of the car is priceless!

Look forward to more pictures!

Good luck!

Brett,

I hope you all the luck... wow talk about getting big...
I remember when I rushed in your house a long time ago because of the kalkwasser mishap... I think you have a 50 gallon then... now... whoooaaaa.... that will be a great project...

man, its going to take a LOOONNNG time to fill this tank. I have been filling one of the 100g sumps and its been over 4 hrs and Im not even to 20% yet.

Can you not just buy and have it delivered? like the ones that delivers in offices with 5 gallon jugs... tested one that delivers in our office... and they have 2 TDS which is pretty good i guess.

Thanks Eric. More pics to come for sure. Your welcome to come on out when this thing rolls in. Im offering beer to every available helper.

Hey you took my Tank stand! What the #$%!@#$ lol:D

Looking forward to the set-up dude! That thing will be 300 gallons bigger than my new one! Talk about set-up! Ouch! And the tank on top of the car is priceless!

Look forward to more pictures!

Good luck!

So where does the waste water go?

Its rolling down the driveway, hopefully flooding the nieghbors house.:)

Can you not just buy and have it delivered? like the ones that delivers in offices with 5 gallon jugs... tested one that delivers in our office... and they have 2 TDS which is pretty good i guess.

The more I think about it, the more Im considering what Tracy said, get it setup on conditioned tap water.

Brett,

I hope you all the luck... wow talk about getting big...
I remember when I rushed in your house a long time ago because of the kalkwasser mishap... I think you have a 50 gallon then... now... whoooaaaa.... that will be a great project...

Thanks man, no luck needed this time. I've been researching alot, and have had alot of sucess with growth and reef chemistry in my SPS tank. LOL, while I very much appreciate the help you offered gave me that day, lets forget about the "kalkwasser mishap" :lol:

thanks Jan, Im trying to make the setup a hobby itself. Rather than blast through it.

I'm the complete opposite. :lol: I want a new system but I am so not into planning all the details (the flow patterns, where to drill holes, etc. etc.) I just wish I could buy a "turn-key" system.

When do the Summer water rates come about? I know for me, they use my water usage over several months of the winter to determine my "seware" usage for the whole rest of the year. You may end up paying for all this water once this next month, and then the whole rest of the year if they use part of this month to calculate your waste. Just a thought.

Mat

Meaning what? Live it will throw everything off and I'll be overcharged all year long?

Thus far I have kept within my planned budget. I did forget one little thing though..... Salt. I need approx 1400g. 160g bucket of IO is around 35-40 at blue sierra with the PSAS discount. $300 for salt, not including tax. LOL, I know IO is everyone favortie (for the most part) as its a decent reef salt.

could I use a cheaper brand since this is a FOWLR tank, and if so, what brands are cheaper. After all, if I do a 10% water change weekly, thats about a full bucket every water change. I already assumed the weekly price, but I forgot about the preliminary setup cost for salt.

Brett order your salt form Dr. Foster & Smith. I'm not sure but I think they are still having their sale on salt $29.59 and best of all it wil cost you only 17.99 for shipping for as many buckets you get.

Back