125 progression thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

we used egg crate with silicone holding it to the back and sides in the shape we wanded and then put rock down on the egg crate then foamed then on to the egg crate and around them..

them we glued aragonite sand to the foam to some what hide it.

Did you epoxy the sand to the foam? If so, what kind of epoxy did you use and did you get it local? I do not think that I live that far from you so it would then be local for me too. Thanks.

two part epoxy from the hobby store on c street and like 120th two blocks of pacific ave.

you mix together then brush on,
really messy

wow, what a difference!!! looks great Adam and Chrystal...by the way Mathias says hi to Daniel. he keeps on asking when are we going to see him :) LOL anyways not sure if you read my new thread in the show case forum i got some pictures going of my 39 gal. and i am still so excited that i got it. oh and the purple stuff is growing now, so please call to schedule an appointment for removal of the purple stuff :badgrin: Just kidding, say hi to your family.

Nice to know it's growing for you now..
Tell Mathias Daniel says HI and would love for him to ciome play for sure..
:)

Congrats on the fill. Now will this have to go through a cycle or are you up and running? Thanks

well it will have a little diatom and green algae but most of the rock that was in the original system was in the sump ..
We just did a three day turn around..
and refilled it.

Will you keep me posted to how the foam cycles? I am thinking of doing the same thing to my 20 gal when I add the refugium in feb. Thanks

That 29g is sick looking! It looks way better in person. Jesse's 300g will be alot of work but will look sweet.

yea we already talked about how we could do Jess's 300 up really cool with the back and sides all covered and cave like..

(yea we already talked about how we could do Jess's 300 up really cool with the back and sides all covered and cave like.. )

Ya i cant wait to do my tank just a little longer hopefully . Ive been looking into where i can get foam in bulk lol :D

some new shots and our newest fishy
IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

This chalice you got from me sure looks alot better in your care! Oh yeah that chalk basslet looks good. I saw one of my 4 this morning.

IMG_0311.jpg

Back