15 gallons of awesome.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My little peeping Tom. Can't get a great shot of him since he/she is behind the rocks :(

IMG_97161280x1277_zpsc11c1c6e.jpg

LOL,
Thanks for the pic.
Kinda makes you want to rearrange your rocks, just to get your monies worth. lol

Added a Firefish and a Target Mandarin(don't worry I know what I'm getting in to). The Mandarin I've already gotten to eat some frozen, Nutramar Ova and Cyclops and an the occasional Mysis. I'm also hatching Brine Shrimp right at this moment for him. I plan on big filtration for this tank because I'm going to feed like a mad man. I'm going to add a 20 gallon long display fuge with mangroves 10-15 and other macros by next week with a DSB. I also switched the skimmer to an over driven AquaC Remora Pro driven now with a 480gph pump. I also built another nano reactor that will house bio-pellets and need to make one more for carbon. Once the Refugium is on full throttle i may disengage the bio-pellets slowly.

OH MY GOSH, hes so cute. I dont think I've seen a purple one before. Only ever seen green ones.

Great pics Shawn, my lil Target Mandarin is definitely a favorite of mine as she always seems so happy to flutter up and greet you. Even with sixteen other active fish in my DT she usually captures at least one piece of Mysis during feedings.

Day 3 successful feeding of Mandarin with nothing but Mysis, he ate until he was so full he started lounging around lol. He comes right to the tube soon as it hits the water now so eventually I hope to get some NLS pellets worked in as his trust grows.

Did you try dry fish food? I heard mysis doesn't have enough Nutrition. And if there are other fishes faster than Mandarin, they'll get mysis before Mandarin :(. My mandarin died 8 months after I got him. He eat mysis as well. But still became thinner and thinner...

Have you tried the baby brine yet? They are the most nutritious immediately after hatching while they still have a yoke ask.

I have been feeding the gutt loaded frozen brine, mysis, cyclops, nutramar ova prawn roe, and going to try the newly hatched brine shrimp but I messed up the recent batch. I'm still getting him nice and fat twice a day. The Mandarin is the only fish for now so he has all the time in the world to get his feast on hehe. The firefish didn't make it so i'm officially done with Petco fish.

Shin, Mysis and Krill are both very nutritious food sources for marine fish and provide elements that dry foods cannot. Gut loaded brine is well received but not as good in comparison. Cyclo-peeze, rotifers, daphnia etc... are great food sources just difficult to feed fish with in general.

Cheers, Todd

Back