Our 1st Reef Tank build ever - 70 gal AGA tall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WOW great job.....
I'm excited for you two..

Thank you Crystal. It's been a lot of fun. More pics coming soon too with a couple of new additions.

Thank you for the Great corals and great advice. I found that Monti, and he seems to have survived the mishap. Somehow his bag had lost its water, so when i took the other corals out of the bag, i didn't see him at the bottom in an empty bag and tossed him. It wasn't until a few hrs later that i though crap did i throw him away?

haha, he has opened up a bit and is looking nice. Actually everything ha, thanks a ton.

Your welcome Gabe. It was really nice meeting you and Olivia. We never imagined this hobby would turn into a social thing. It's great meeting all these different people. I'm glad you found the Sunset Monti. Just give it some light and flow and watch it grow. That one is crazy fast. I will let you know when we start fragging some zoos, acans and chalices.

None of this would have even been thought of or possible without Reef Frontiers and it's amazing members. We have learned a lot for from very talented and knowledgeable people who we consider friends already.

definately agree with that one :)

Here's our new pride-n-joy. A beautiful white with purple tip elegance from Charisse. It has been acclimating for a few days now and is looking better and better by the day showing us more of its color and beauty.

In it's new home
DSC_0388_10005.jpg

A little closer up
DSC_0385_10002.jpg

A couple of close ups...
DSC_0390_10007.jpg

DSC_0384_10001.jpg

We REALLY can't wait to go bigger already. There is so much more that we want but have pretty much run out of room. We will probably get some zoo's and such at the frag swap to fill in some corners and crevasses.

Thanks Kirk. It's a new one we just picked up last Thursday from Charisse (luisse25). The other one is doing great as well. It came back around and looks happy again. We are hoping to set up either another small tank to migrate some of this stuff into or upgrade to one larger tank when we find the right size for the right price.

Thanks guys. We're gonna have to put some 6 month b-day pics up soon.

Hey Eric & Becca,

It was great to finally see your tank in person and help get that awsome new skimmer running in the new sump. As I posted earlier in this thread you two have come a long long way in this hobby and your success really shows your dedication to gaining and utilizing the knowledge this forum/members has to offer.

Cheers & Kudos Your friend, Todd

Hey Eric & Becca,

It was great to finally see your tank in person and help get that awsome new skimmer running in the new sump. As I posted earlier in this thread you two have come a long long way in this hobby and your success really shows your dedication to gaining and utilizing the knowledge this forum/members has to offer.

Cheers & Kudos Your friend, Todd

Thanks Todd. You know it would have never happened without your help and knowledge. We really appreciated it and always enjoy your company.

Now I need to show our handy work off a bit. Here are a couple of pics I snapped tonight. Keep in mind this was all built out of scrap acrylic we had collected over the past few months from fellow reefers old sumps, with the exception of the front piece that we bought new at TAP. We even added a cool little filter sock hanger for less than $1.00. This SWC Mini S is already pulling some nasty stuff out and between it and the upgrade to the Eheim pump it all runs even quieter than it did before.

New sump with flash

DSC_0270_10374.jpg

New sump without flash

DSC_0268_10372.jpg

Well you guys all spurred me into taking some new pics. I haven't taken any new shots for quite some time. The tank is almost 6 months old but I couldn't wait unit next Tuesday for it's actual 1/2 birthday to do this.

Keep in mind these pics are all unedited or photoshopped :D

Some blue zoa's

DSC_0277_10381.jpg

Miami Vice morph zoa's

DSC_0292_10396.jpg

A ric or two

DSC_0290_10394.jpg

The Dendro's are growing

DSC_0289_10393.jpg

Our lone Purple Hornet

DSC_0306_10410.jpg

An Acro that has really grown (if you look back in this thread you will see some old shots of it)

DSC_0297_10401.jpg

We think this monti might be a Super Natural???

DSC_0299_10403.jpg

Some Eagle Eyes hangin' out with the Green & Browns

DSC_0301_10405.jpg

Just some Magicians

DSC_0350_10454.jpg

Radio Active Dragon Eyes

DSC_0329_10433.jpg

Last edited:
Time for an update with some new pics. The last few months have been perplexing. Something just seem to die for no reason while others grow like crazy. We've been taken over by some "blue sansibia". It's almost everywhere now. There is a pretty side to it but I think we would rather see some rock instead. We had a chemistry slip and it took about 6 weeks to get everything back on track and all is right in the world again. The 180 build is coming soon. We just have some stand stuff to work out before it all begins. Here are some new shots from today.

Full tank shot
aDSC_0172_10924.jpg

Side tank shot
aDSC_0180_10932.jpg

A rare good fish shot (I can't seem to photograph them at all)
aDSC_0199_10951.jpg

It's just a yellow tang
aDSC_0195_10947.jpg

Setosa
aDSC_0188_10940.jpg

Unknown Acro
aDSC_0173_10925.jpg

Rics
aDSC_0190_10942.jpg

Purple Garf Bonsai
aDSC_0207_10959.jpg

And one showing growth. You never really realize how much corals grow in such a short time until you see time elapsed pics :D

Mid June 2010
DSC_0602_7319.jpg

Mid Nov 2010
DSC_0297_10401.jpg

Now (Mid Feb 2011)
aDSC_0173_10925.jpg

Back