180 gallon dual octogon AGA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oh, another update. My purple crocea clam died.

I learned not to place clams in the sand that like to attatch when you have a large pistol shrimp and goby. He was secured firmly to a rock under the sand until the shrimp dug a cave underneath him. After he got his threads torn, it was a one week trip downhill until it

Been a while since I updated. Got lots of new stuff of course, but havn't really done anything new with the tank. Summer weather has been tough, so I have been constantly throwing frozen water bottles in the sump, and have been cutting the lights down. I hardly ever use the T5s anymore (it's an old fixture with no fan, and creates quite a bit of heat), and only turn my sump light on a few hours per day. Just using the 2x 250 MHs to keep them happy.

Here's some recent pics.

Nevermind, I don't know how to put pictures up with a URL now, I guess things have changed. Will have to figure it out first. Any help would be appreciated.

That's what I was using. Some people explained the problem in a different thread, but I havn't had time to mess with it yet.

Here we go!

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

I hardly ever have time to get on here lately, so here's a long passed due update. I have lost lots of LPS and most of my clams due to the summer heat, and the lack of time at home to take care of everything. On the good side though, all my SPS are doing great and I got some new fish and replaced a lot of the zoanthids I lost earlier in the year. Here's some new pics.

Leopard wrasse
IMG_1899.jpg

Royal gramma
IMG_1878.jpg

I've had this little dude for quite a while, but you hardly ever see him
IMG_1891.jpg

Nuke greens
IMG_1883.jpg

FTS Left side
IMG_1887.jpg

FTS Right side
IMG_1888.jpg

I also got a Randall's shrimp goby, a pretty big female Mandarin goby, and a ton of other Zoa colonies and other corals. (WAY TOO MUCH TO LIST! My tank changes daily!)

hey Ben looks like you got the last of Brandy's fish? nice looking set up. DO you have four tangs in the big side of your tank? and are they getting along well? please keep the pictures coming.

Left side:
Blue Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
Flame Angel
Pajama Cardinal
Royal Gramma
Six Line Wrasse
Yellow Tail Blue Damsel
Blue Chromis
Lawnmower Blenny
Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

Right side:
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Orange Shoulder Tang
Coral Beauty Angelfish
Blue Jaw Trigger
Scooter Blenny
Mandarin Dragonette
Fire Fish
Skunk back pseudochromis
Banghai Cardinal
Pink Spot Goby
Randall's Goby
Leopard Wrasse
Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

I think that's all of them, and yes they all get along fine.

Didn't realize I had so many fish! I will be getting rid of some of them eventually, I am planning a small downgrade. I just don't have enough time anymore, and have another baby coming in December. A bigger family and a salary management position is a lot to handle, and I don't want my tank to suffer. Something a little smaller with less inhabitants would be less stressful to manage. If anybody is interested in swapping setups, let me know! (I need something no smaller than 90, and no bigger than 150 so I can keep a couple tangs and my trigger.

wow, very nice setup, love the photolog you have done along the way

So I purchased a 210 gallon complete setup with equipment far superior to what I have been using. I plan on swapping my whole system (minus a couple fish) into the new tank Tuesday hopefully. Just need enough man power to get the beast in my house. I will be getting rid of the dual octogon setup after I get the new tank in the house, and then I will start a new thread for the 210.

Back