IPisces' 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Very nice Lorrie.
Just spent the last 1/2 hour going through your build.
Love the LPS.

Great looking radion hanger

Lorrie,

what is the temperament of the blue atlantic tang vs the salfin tang....I have only one tang in my tank, showsize blonde naso which is VERY peaceful...*may* think about adding another tang, but need something that is not going to be bold are boisterous in the tank...

He is going to be the dominant one. Thats why I added it last. I am probably. Pushing it with the 5 tangs. I have now.
Orange shoulder
Blue hippo
Sailfin
Vlamingi (spelling)?
Caribbean blue
Out of all these the vlamingi is the least aggressive and comes right up to the front of the tank when you come around.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

thanks...vlamngi is a cousin of the naso, so makes sense....my naso does the same thing..very dog like.... :)

Hey Kirk, I wanted to ask you, what is the scraper and pad you are using to clean the Coraline off your acrylic?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I use the algae cutter bags from mighty magnets as these are acrylic safe...removes my coralline algae in seconds...

Great tank build Lorrie. I'm not sure if I've ever posted but I have checked in from the beginning. I like your video's too. I should learn to do one of those myself.

Great tank build Lorrie. I'm not sure if I've ever posted but I have checked in from the beginning. I like your video's too. I should learn to do one of those myself.

Thanks. I'm not real technically inclined when it comes to the videos. I just hit upload and if it works, it works. I haven't figured out how to edit them yet. Like adding music to it or what ever. I took video of the other tanks too, but the TV is on in the background. I couldn't figure out how to get the sound off, so I didn't post those. I'll take another video of them with no background noise sometime soon.

Well here it is on its last day.

DSC09998_zps0c4d7a85.jpg

If you haven't heard yet, the 180 gal tank and my 90 gal tank are going to be taken down.
The 180 is coming down today. I have not gotten started yet so its going to be a long day. Plus I have come down with a horrible head cold and soar throat. BUT! I must do this. The new 250 gal tank is being delivered on the 4th and I need to make room for it.

laurie,

save your energy...I currently am on day 9 of the same cold you have....it is brutal..zaps your energy and will move from throat to head along with coughing...
I am glad I have an automated water change system...making a water change is not that labor intensive....might do one tomorrow as it has been since 1-4-13 since the last wc

@07FocusST
yes it is coming down again. But it has already been sold. Still going to be a reef tank for someone else at a great deal! Thank you.

Well almost gone. I've had enough for tonight.
The fish and coral are secure in their temp home.
The rest of the clean up can wait till tomorrow.

Hey lorrie. Me and my wife were behind you the other day at erics. Didnt know it was you to eric asked if i could help load your tank on the trailer...lol. Which i am. Finally can put a face to the name...lol. Next time, we may even say hi...lol. WHO KNOWS? Anyways, you gotta be getting excited!

This is the first time I have seen a Tank De-Build on this sight. LOL
Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Drink lots and lots of fluids. And take Sunday off to watch the Great American Race!!

Well, wish I had known it was you. So your not coming out to the house to help bring it in then, huh!
I am getting excited. I hope its easy enough for them to get it into the house. They have to bring it across the yard. There is no way they will be able to turn it on the front porch.
Anyway, I'm getting ready for it.

I am missing a fish though. The blue hippo tang, is a good 6" fish. One of the rocks in the tank is like 30lbs. Pretty big. It has a hole in it that the hippo goes to when ever I come around and get into the tank for anything. In the process of moving the rock out of the tank, he got in to it and I moved him with the rock to the tub that I am keeping the big pieces in. The tub is acting as the sump for the tank I am keeping the fish and coral in. He has since come out of the hole, but is still hiding.
The trigger fish is an eashy fish to catch too. If your moving out all your rock. He had himself locked into the bottom of one of the smaller pieces. That one went into the tank at least!

My lil trigger does the same thing. Gets into a hole that amazes me. Its such a small hole compared to him. I jave a big rock with a good size hole that my hippo used to go in, but it got to large and the other hippo i dont think knows its there. Let me see whats happening on the 4th. I may be able to help. My wife has a show shes doing, so i might be free. Ive been wanting to see your tanks for awhile now. Seeing how we are in the same county and all. Heck, crashfirejoe lives, or did live, heard he moved, maybe 7 miles from me. Havent seen his setup either. Time flys when youre having fun!...lol.

I've seen Joes set up. He had a great set up. He has moved and is really excited that he can move his tank into the house instead of the shed he had it in. He's down in the Belfair area now. I haven't been down there yet.

Well, I am getting concerned about my hippo tang. I put some seaweed on a clip for him in the tub. Looks like its been nibbled at but dont know for sure. I just might pull some rock out, find him and make sure hes okay.

Back