1guydude 300g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thank u! :)
Working on skin now for the top. Got some shellac idk wat to do with my wood. Got a test piece or two to play with. Hope everyone had a good turkey day.
D

Well im scraping the idea of magnets on the top. Wood is to heavy. I would need a lot of magnets some stronger ones capable of crippling my fingers.
Gonna head to the pawn shop or two and get a jig saw.
Ill cut some doors out.
Gonna try to get them to open upwards rather than out.
D

Are the top pieces cut D?
If not and they are/can be taller than the space needed, you can just glue a 1x2 to the back of the skin, and then rest that on top of the existing 1x2 frame. The whole piece would just lift off and drop on.

Thats a good idea.
It kinda worked like that for my magnets.
I got a jigsaw from hellmart and some cabinet hinges and knobs.
We will c
Im no craftsman. Still havent done the test strip for seal and color.
D

Are the top pieces cut D?
If not and they are/can be taller than the space needed, you can just glue a 1x2 to the back of the skin, and then rest that on top of the existing 1x2 frame. The whole piece would just lift off and drop on.

Awesome idea.

I would add one extra piece to that. Make the piece you add to the outside skin, a L so that it traps the top in and supports it completely. Then maybe some small magnets at the bottom to hold the bottom in tight.

Awesome idea.

I would add one extra piece to that. Make the piece you add to the outside skin, a L so that it traps the top in and supports it completely. Then maybe some small magnets at the bottom to hold the bottom in tight.

What he said. I was just thinking some strips on the back to keep from bowing/flexing, but the L shape would be better!

Still gotta place the back board.
My jig saw skills kinda left me hangin. Im gonna frame the doors so it hides my horrible cut job. Also might just cut new boards for the doors.
Wat u see is wat i got.
D

Back